𝟐𝟒 | 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐞

Tick

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Staring at the clock, I couldn't help but feel the repetition with these passing days.

Not another word from Anya, Uwe was gone and I knew Ryat had everything to do with it. Uwe was nowhere to be found and I've been worried about him since Ryat's jealous ways. It was very clear that he didn't like me around Uwe.

Whether his intentions were good or bad. I don't know. Ryat wanted me away from him.

Just thinking about how messed up it all was had come back to me. The fact that I like the idea of Ryat touching me and exerting some of his dominance over me was sickening to my head.

I should be scared of his touch. His unique amber eyes always seem to find mine. Demanding I look at him.

Demanding I do everything I am told. To listen. I was done listening to him.

I had a huge bone to pick with him.

The kiss we shared was mind-consuming and took my breath away but the second he changed his tone into something soft, filled with so many emotions was nothing like him and it made me still. But what got me was that he was mocking Uwe's kindness towards me.

Using the nickname Uwe calls me.

Ryat was twisted in the head. That much was clear and deep down, it bothered me.

Why? I did not know nor did I want to know.

Running my hand over my temples, I stood up from my bed and hurried downstairs. Voices meet my ears as I walk down the stairs. I stop where I stood and the sight of a man standing in the living room that was supposed to be mine was looking around.

The man that knocked on the walls was speaking in a different language to Ryat. Nodding stiffly, Ryat motioned towards another corner of the wall causing my frown to deepen.

"What's going on?" I voiced, my eyes narrowed at the lethal man standing in all leather.

His hair was a mess, and the dark stubble on his face told me that he hadn't trimmed it since our last meeting. The leather jacket he wore was unzipped, and the fitted t-shirt clung to his muscular body that I tried my best not to stare at.

Although it is bad, I sometimes wondered what he would look like without the t-shirt. A man without clothes.

Ryat Benedetti was slowly but surely finding a way inside of my mind and I was beginning to find myself in a hard way.

Ryat continues speaking to the man in his native tongue, ignoring me. The other man lifts his head from his phone, looking my way.

"Hello, beautiful," The man speaks. My face scrunched up.

The man looked determined to show off his hideous charm. The man looked twice my age and the way he was staring at me caused a sickening feeling within me.

Ignoring him, I made my way to Ryat when the man suddenly moved to get in front of me. "I was talking to you."

"And I was ignoring you." I grit, stepping around him.

"Listen-"

"Leave her alone, Diego," It was a warning.

Diego, I learned, frowns. "Isn't she just another whore you fuc-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence when Ryat's inked hand comes into view, darting toward Diego. Ryat's hand grips, the veins in his hand prominent as he squeezed tightly.

"Ryat," I tell him, daring to grab his arm. "Don't-"

"Tranquillo." He grits and my lips sealed shut. My hand lowers as I take a cautious step back from him. {Italian | Quiet.}

My eyes flicker between the two of them as I watch with tense shoulders. I swallowed, standing there unable to move.

"Want to see what I do to traitors?" He glares at me. "Want to see how they fight to keep the light in their eyes? Soon, you'll understand mercy is beneath me."

Ryat's tone was dark and dangerous as he ignores Diego's red face and struggles for air. His eyes are on me as the man held in a death grip claws at Ryat's inked arms.

My eyes flicker on his handsome features. So much outrage and I felt his words meant something deeper than he meant them to be.

"Boss-"

I jumped the moment the sound of bones breaking and a body dropping followed by screams of pain.

My eyes looked down at Diego to see him holding himself in pain. The next thing I know, dangerous hands grabbed my face, forcing my head away from the man. Brown meets amber.

"Be a good girl and go back to your room."

Scoffing, I turn my head away from him and head towards the stairs.

"One day, sweet girl, I will take my time fixing your attitude. I'm fucking sick of it." He growls after me causing more tension in my shoulders.

It got so bad that I halt where I stood for a mere moment, letting his words sink into me. The promise in his tone was clear as day and I had no doubt Ryat will keep to his words. But it won't keep me from fighting.

My plan was to find a way out of this mess. Away from him. Regardless of the circumstances.

• • •

Thoughts?

} READ•VOTE•COMMENT•SHARE {