Chapter 57: Strengthen Your Resolve!

Izuku quickly backflips away from Devlin's kick, to which Devlin quickly responds by charging at Izuku and throwing a punch towards him.  Izuku manages to block the punch and tries to counter with a punch of his own, only to be countered by an uppercut to his jaw; making him stumble backwards as he tries to get his baring's.

"You're tensing up!  Don't be hasty, wait for an opening; then strike with all the power you can muster in that moment!"  Devlin said to the recovering Izuku.  "Shift your whole weight into your kicks and punches!  It's all in the back and hips kid!"

"I know!"  Izuku replied as he charged in towards Devlin, preforming a spin kick as he does.  

Devlin jerks his head back in order to dodge, to which Izuku immediately follows up with a flurry of punches that Devlin counters with a block or an attack of his own.  The two go back and forth in momentum with neither side wanting to give an inch.

"There ya go!  That's it!  Keep up the pressure, but don't lose your focus!"  Devlin encouraged.  "Because if you do...!"

Devlin then parries Izuku's attack and hits Izuku's chest with his palm, making him back off for only a moment before Evelyn finishes Devlin's attack by flipping Izuku over.  Izuku quickly recovers using his hands to flip himself completely back and kicks away Evelyn's hands, surprising her slightly before she manages to retake her posture once more.

"Okay, that was kind of cool!"  Evelyn said to Izuku.  "Ren-Ren's teaching you well, isn't he?"

"Yeah!"  Izuku replied.

Izuku takes a fighting stance once more as well, the three stare at each other intensely, waiting for the other to make another move.  Ren then smiles at Izuku before he began to speak.

"Well, looks like you're in a pretty good spot all things considered."  Devlin stated.

Izuku smiles at Devlin and Evelyn before chuckling to himself.  The three all then begin to drop their guard and postures, taking in a deep breath before approaching each other.

"I think that's a good place to stop for now, don't wanna tire you out before the big event."  Devlin stated before holding his fist out to Izuku.  "Good work today."

"Thank you."  Izuku replied as he returned Devlin's fist bump.  "Thank you both for helping me with my training today."

"Don't mention it Izuku, it's always nice to get to see you and Earth as well!"  Evelyn said as she looked over to the sunrise.  "I don't think I've ever seen a sunrise this beautiful before..."

"Well, there is a reason why Japan is called the "Sunrise Land"..."  Izuku replied as he begun to stretch his arms and legs.  "So, will Sensei be back in time for the event...?"

"He should be.  I thought it was weird at first when he asked me and Eve to help you with your daily training, but then I realized he got assigned to a pretty annoying mission."

"What's was the mission if you don't mind me asking?"  Izuku asked.

"Well, we've had run ins with this guy before..."  Evelyn said as she began to explain the mission to Izuku.

-MEANWHILE, ON ANOTHER PLANET-

A purple sludge like villain grabs a large piece of rubble off of the platform he stood on and throws the pillar towards Ren, who expertly jumps and leaps off of the thrown pillar.