Monsoon

This one-shot story is based on my imagination that had struck on me on the of going to the college. I used to get wet in the rain and my mind used to wander. Happy reading, Let’s start...

POV: Riya was getting late for her classes. Suddenly it started to rain and she started running. Jimin was going to attend his coaching classes. Fortunately, he had an umbrella so he didn’t get wet. Both bumped with each other. For a few moments, both were lost in each other’s eyes. Then Riya distanced herself from Jimin and started running but Jimin pulled her towards him. 

Riya: Let me go..

Jimin: Where are you going? You are getting wet..

Riya: So what? Let go off my hand.

Jimin: Come with me. I will drop you..

Riya: No. I can go on my own..

Jimin: Come with mee. [ by saying this, Jimin pulled her towards him.]

As it was raining heavily, Riya didn’t say anything. Then both started walking. Riya was feeling really different like she never felt before. While walking together,

Jimin: Where are you going? 

Riya: I am going to my college. Because of traffic jam, I got late. By the way, where are you going?

Jimin: I’m going to my coaching classes. Which college do you read in?

Riya: In Begum Badrunnesa College and you??

Jimin: Dhaka College.

Riya: I wanted to get admitted there but they didn’t allow. 

Jimin: It’s ok. We can’t do anything about it.

Riya: Yeah. Are you Inter 1st year student or 2nd year student?

Jimin: 2nd year. You?

Riya: 1st year. 

Jimin: Why were you running in the rain?

Riya: Because I love rain and I forgot to bring umbrella. 

Jimin: Humm..I see...

Riya: My college has arrived. Byee. [ Riya’s heart didn’t wanted to go away from him.]

Jimin: Bye! [even he wanted to keep her close.]

Then both started for their destination. Riya went inside the college and Jimin took a taxi to reach fast. After that day, both never forgot each other and never met again...

Riya: Dhur! I forgot to ask his name..

Jimin: Shit! Why didn’t I ask her name? 

After some days, Riya went to a coffee shop with some friends. She was laughing and chit-chatting with them. Suddenly a boy came to her. 

Riya: You!

-You remember me?!

-Of course. How can I forget about you? That day, you helped me a lot...

-So, what about you??

That boy is none other than Jimin. Suddenly it started to rain. Riya started running.

Jimin: You again forgot to bring umbrella, right?

Riya: Unfortunately, yes.

Jimin: Come with mee.....

Rain always comes every year. Every year, it drenches us with so many memories. But some memories leave their impact in our heart. Some memories are always kept in that heart named locker. 

Don’t forget to tell me how it was. Thank youu.....