Fight

Bo

Lyssa blocked her face.

I lowered my hand.

We had got in an argument again.

It was a screaming match this time.

She got the Cops to go away, flashing her Bounty Hunter Badge.

The neighbors had complained about us being loud and disturbing the peace.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, stroking Lyssa's long blonde hair.

"Don't hit me. Please. I'm sorry for screaming at you."

I pulled her up off the floor.

I wrapped Lyssa in my arms.

Her muscles slowly untensed.

Lyssa wrapped her arms around me.

Duane

We had heard the screaming match between Lyssa and Bo.

She was getting sick and tired of his behavior.

"I told you she'd stand up for herself. Unlike me. I didn't stand up for myself to Keith."

"Mm."

"Lyssa Rae has your strength inside of her."

Lyssa had got the Cops to go away by flashing her Badge.

The neighbors had complained about them being loud and disturbing peace.

"I fucking hate when she forgives him."

Bo

We were laying in bed.

"I know about the relapse, Bo."

I groaned.

"Are you gonna be like Amanda and say you can help me?"

"I change lives everyday with speeches. It's not just Dad, you know? He's not the only one who talks to psycho fugitives."

"Mm."

"I'm a great person. I don't drink. I don't do any of this crap. He'd have my ass. He still yells at Leland and Duane Lee for drinking. His 22 year old daughter drinking after that's what caused the accident that killed his oldest daughter? Nuh-uh."

Duane

"I change lives everyday with speeches. It's not just Dad, you know? He's not the only one who talks to psycho fugitives."

"Mm."

"I'm a great person. I don't drink. I don't do any of this crap. He'd have my ass. He still yells at Leland and Duane Lee for drinking. His 22 year old daughter drinking after that's what caused the accident that killed his oldest daughter? Nuh-uh."

"She's damn right. You'd have her ass. If she started drugs or drinking. Start way more than just yelling."

Bo

"I'm worried about you."

Lyssa turned on her side so she was facing me.

"You have Mady, Serena, and Abbie to think about while you're doing that crap."

She looked down.

"I've seen this before, Bo. If the Cops call CPS out to this house and they find any drugs in this house, all three of them are gone. And you know if it's the male, the female has to make the hard decision. Stay or leave and keep the kids. Which do you think I'm gonna make?"

"I know. That's why there's no drugs in the house, Lyssa."

"Can you look me in the eyes and tell me that?"

I looked into her brown eyes.

"There are no drugs in the house."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"I want to help you."

I groaned.

Lyssa walked out of our room.

"Where are you going?!"

"If you don't let me help you, I will continue to sleep on the couch until you cave in. And we both know you will eventually."

The couch shifted as Lyssa laid on it.