Part 1: The Letter

Ever since I was little I was obsessed with airplanes. I wanted to know how they worked, how far you could go. I came from a military family and my parents were both in the Army and that's what branch they wanted me to go into. All of my childhood they told me that I could never have a career in flying and I proved them wrong. As soon as I graduated high school, I left home and went to the Naval Acadamy. I thought that the Air Force would have been a good fit but when I found out that you launch off of an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean a spark lit up. I worked my ass off and got the chance to go to The United States Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program aka Top Gun. At the Acadamy I earned the call sign Whiplash; I got that nickname because the first time I launched off of an aircraft carrier I jolted forward and got whiplash. My neck hurt for a week. I graduated Top Gun 2nd in my class in my mind I would have graduated first but my grandfather's death set me back. Jake 'Hangman' Seresin got first he was a real dick, but he was good. In my time at Top Gun, I made one friend Natasha 'Phoenix' Trace we got very close. We both had the hots for Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw he had sun kissed curly brown hair and a sad excuse for a mustache and he was a damn good kisser. We had hooked up a couple of times during our time at Top Gun but after we graduated, we got stationed at different places and haven't spoken since. I never told Phoenix because I was too embarrassed, we both talked about him like he was God sent. 

I was currently living in San Diego in a small apartment on the outskirts of the city. I was on the couch watching TV in my panda print oversized t-shirt when I heard a knock at the door. I paused my show and opened the door. There stood two officers from the Navy in uniform "Lieutenant Alexia Moralis you have orders from Admiral Beau "Cyclone" Simpson" said an officer. "Ok thank you" I grabbed the letter from him and closed the door. I walked back to the couch and opened the letter.

Dear Lieutenant Alexia Moralis, you have been ordered to return to Top Gun Naval Acadamy for a special training for a top-secret mission. You and 20 other Top Gun graduates are going to be training and chosen for the mission. The first meeting is at 6 am on Monday.

I texted Phoenix right away and she said that she had gotten the same letter. I wonder what the special mission was. She had just asked me to go meet up with her at The Hard Deck bar to get drinks. I agreed and started getting ready.

*Hey guys sorry this part is so short I wanted to start small and make them longer this is my first story and I hope you like it. Thank you :) RozyWrites07*