One Shot

"You left me," Gojo said, his voice cracking. "I know. I'm sorry." 'I'm sorry.' How long has he wanted an apology for him leaving? It didn't feel like enough. A simple sorry felt like a mocking of an apology. Like he didn't mean it. Gojo knew he did, Geto was just never good with words. He wasn't either. They'd always communicated through their actions.

Actions did always speak louder than words. "I missed you." "I know. I did too." Geto missed him. Stupid butterflies raced around in his stomach. Why did it make him so happy that Geto missed him? Stupid.

"Are you going to leave again?" "Yes," "Oh..." Gojo could feel the tears threatening to fall again. Fuck! Stupid Geto, he hadn't cried this much in years. Not since he left the first time...

He gulped down his saliva and said, "Then go." "Satoru, I'm not leaving right now. I'm not leaving you a crying mess." "You did that last time." "I wouldn't have left if you were crying. I can't do that to you." "So you decided to leave before I started?!" "I wouldn't have left if you'd started crying." "I should've cried. Then maybe we'd be laughing about something stupid right now."

The silence filled the room again. Shit. He wished the two could go back to who they used to be, but too much has happened.

***

"You know I love you," Suguru said staring at his boyfriend. His bright white-ish silver hair and dumb blue eyes could blind him. He was beautiful. "I knowwww," Satoru said leaning his head on Suguru's shoulder. The two sat under the stupid oak tree that they coincidentally met under a year ago.

Satoru played with Suguru's hair, braiding-rather failing at briding-his hair. It got all knotted up and Suguru knew if it was anyone else he probably would've drop-kicked them by now. Sadly, even if he was willing to drop-kick his boyfriend, Satoru could probably hit him just as hard if not harder. He was stupid to fall in love with the strongest jujutsu sorcerer.

***

Another tear slipped down Gojo's cheeks. His eyes had become puffy and red. He hated this. "Leave." He mumbled under his breath. He didn't know if he would be able to lose Geto a second time, but he didn't want his ex-boyfriend comforting him. "I'm not leaving."

His pain and grief could quickly turn into anger. No, the pain had never turned into anger, his anger had just been suppressed for so long.

"Why?! As soon as I stop crying you're going to leave again! You said so yourself! If you leave again this'll just happen again, just you won't be here to 'comfort me' or whatever! If you hated to see me cry then you shouldn't have left! You shouldn't have come here in the first place! God damn it, why did you come here! It's been years Geto!" He'd gotten out of Geto's grip and was now standing in front of the bed.

Geto couldn't look him in the eyes. He knew Gojo was correct in every way possible. If he was being honest with himself he didn't know why he came here. Sure, he missed Gojo, but he'd let go of the habit of going to Gojo's place whenever he was hurt. Why now? Was it because his life was in danger? Because he could've been on his death bed? Because if he were to die it would only be at Gojo's hand? Gojo would refuse. He couldn't kill Geto, not yet.

"I'm sorry."

He was. Geto had been sorry every single day since he'd left. He'd never wanted to hurt Gojo, but he couldn't go on like he was. He was bound to jump off a building eventually.

"Get out."

Finally, Geto made eye contact with Gojo. The tears that threatened to fall mixed in with a look he'd never seen Gojo wear toward him.

Hate. Despair. Disgust.

He'd lost Gojo. He'd lost his best friend. He no longer had someone to go to at the very end. He knew Gojo was serious. He knew he had to leave, and he would. He just needed the closest thing he'd ever get to closure.