Heat

In her whole life, J-1178 had never suffered from heat. She was used to enduring any temperature, even in extreme situations such as the freezing weather of winter or the burning heat of summer that the whole body already felt from the outside.
However, that time was different. In every corner of the body, the temperature was very high and didn't seem to be going down, no matter how much the cells had continued to circulate through the capillaries to dissipate heat and occasionally paused in the sweat glands waiting for the sweat to evaporate.
Luckily, that situation was short-lived: suddenly from the epidermis came rain and the environment began to cool, a sign that that organism had found a way to deal with that intense heat and avert the risk of hyperthermia.
J-1178's boots deeped in the river that was flowing, and the leucocyte took advantage of that moment of coolness to take off her hat and refresh her face. When she looked up, her water-filled face turned red again: DA4901 was standing in front of her, without jacket or hat, entirely wet from head to toe, as was his black T-shirt he was wearing and that was tight to the point of highlighting his pecs.
That sight was making her almost dizzy with embarrassment.
«Are you okay?» DA4901 asked her. «Are you still hot? If you want, I can help you cool off.»
Immediately J-1178 put her hat back on and lowered the brim, to hide her eyes from those of the erythrocyte. «I-I'm fine, thank you. However, do me a favor: next time, please bring a spare shirt with you. You might catch a cold if you keep walking around all wet!»