[🦋] - Damsel

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I walked carefully a small bread basket swinging in my hand.

Today I was to visit my father. I didn't see him very often as him and my mother were separated.

I let out a sigh at the small house up ahead. I could see the lights on which meant my father must've been awake.

I skipped a little faster and once I reached the door I opened it up.

"Dad?" I called out leaning against the door frame.

"Yes im here."

I smiled and walked into the house. Closing the door behind me I made my way to the living area. It was a small house but still cozy.

In the living area my father sat on a chair with the newspaper in hand. Beside him a cup off coffee.

I dropped the basket on the table and opened it up.

"I've got some bread, muffins, cookies..."

I sorted through the things in the basket.

"Thank you."

He let out a sigh and put the newspaper down. Bringing a hand up he rubbed his temple.

I could already tell something was bugging him. My father was always a bit more talkative.

"Whats wrong?" I asked softly.

He exhaled and looked directly into my eyes.

"You should go home before dark tonight. Someone is stopping by in the evening."

"Who?"

Whoever this someone was dad did not seem happy about it.

"Nobody youll want to see. I'm sorry I'm just not looking forward to it. So don't take how I act today the wrong way alright?"

I nodded my head in reply and gave my father a hug.

He had a lot he was dealing with right now. He really just needed a break but the world didn't stop moving.

He hugged me in return and we stayed that way for a few minutes.

"How about some breakfast? Bacon and eggs?"

He gave me a small smile and nodded his head.