Prologue

"I'm going to be late," I muttered to myself, as I scurried down the street. I hadn't had a very good start of the day. I woke up half an hour late, due to my sister having a strange fascination with my phone. I'd shown her how to play a game on it and she was addicted in seconds. She must have snuck into my room while I was sleeping and stolen it while it was charging.

Now I was a mess. Desperately trying to make my hair look decent, while weaving between the people strolling on the busy streets of London had me preoccupied. So it was a complete shock to find myself staring straight at an oncoming car in the middle of the road...

I thought I was going to be done for.

Just as it occurred to me that I should whip out my wand, a hand grabbed my elbow and yanked me back onto the pavement.

'Whoa there, you okay?' I heard a male voice ask me as I recovered from the shock. After quickly steadying my breath, I looked up at my saviour, and was greeted by a pair of golden brown eyes.

'Yeah thanks to you. I thought I was a gonna' I replied my heart rate showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

'So did I for a second there. Good thing I have good reflexes,' he smiled at me, and me - being the awkward idiot I am - just stared. Then we were just staring at each other. Eyes locked, stupid grins on our faces, neither of us noticing the bustling street around us.

'Elijah' he smiled, holding out his hand for me to shake.

'Molly'