Chapter one

I woke up that morning to Elder's kettle whistle going off. I sighed and got up. I got dressed and headed downstairs. I arrived downstairs to find them having breakfast. "Good morning," I said. "Good morning Ivy." Elder kettle said. I sat down. "Hi, Ivy." Cuphead and Mugman said. I smiled.
After a few minutes, Elder Kettle spoke "hey boys." They turned to face him. "Yes Elder Kettle." They said, "You're in for a real treat." He said. Both boys smiled. "Really!" They said excitedly. "You get to paint the fence." Elder Kettle said. And with that, he handed both boys a bucket of paint and a brush and sent them out. Once they were outside, Elder kettle turned to me, "can you keep an eye on them for me?" He asked. I nodded and headed out. I was walking towards the boys when I overheard cuphead complaining. "It's always the same: paint the fence, fix the roof, feed the goats. I wish we could go on an adventure." He said. "Well, if we finish early, we could go on a small adventure," Mugman said. "Way ahead of ya, mugs," Cuphead said. We turned to see Cuphead filling a cannon full of paint. He pointed the cannon at the fence and lit it. The cannon fired and at the same time Elder kettle was coming out to check on the boys. Then, splat! He was covered in paint. I sighed, and I shook my head. And with that, he sent us to pork-rind to get more paint.
"Boy, was he steamed," Mugman said. "Why did you have to use cannon cups?" I asked. He looked at me then at his brother. We kept walking until we reached the shop. That's when cuphead stopped and grabbed Mugman's handle. "Mugman look." He said pointing. It was a carnival. "Oh boy." I thought as both boys turned and looked at me. "Fine, but only for a few minutes," I said. Cuphead cheered. Once we arrived, both of the boys ran off as I sat down on a bench.
I was cleaning my tail when I heard my name. I got up and walked over.  I saw Cuphead standing next to a game. "Watch."He said. He rolled the ball and it went into the top hole. A small bell went off. "Winner!" It said.
I kept watching until I felt someone tug on my arm. I looked down at Mugman. He pointed at the game next to ours. I was just in time to see the game suck out a toad's soul. My eyes went wide, "go get your brother." I said. While Mugman was trying to get Cuphead the devil appeared out of nowhere. That's when the game said, "loser." The devil grinds and said, "that's game."
I ran over and picked up Cuphead. I looked directly at the devil. The devil looked at me for a second, then back at Cuphead. "That cup's soul is mine." He said. I looked at the devil. "I swear if you touch them it will be bad," I said. The devil grind and snapped his fingers. I looked down and saw the game sucking his soul. At once Mugman ran over to the game and grabbed Cuphead's soul and put it back in.
Cuphead took a deep breath in and yelled, "run!" With that, the boys took off. I stood there for a second looking at the devil. Then I took off running after the boys. Once I reached them, I grabbed both of their handles and put them on my back, as I ran on all fours. That's when the devil started to chase us. "Hold on!" I yelled as I dodged the devil's shots left and right. We were almost out when the devil appeared in front of me. I tried to stop, but I couldn't. So I tossed the boys off. They flew over the devil's head and into the woods. And with that, I ran straight into the devil. At once, I got up and took off after the boys.
Once we were home the boys continued to paint the fence. "What a day we had. We rode rides." Cuphead said. "You owe the devil your soul," Mugman said. "We played games." He said. "And you owe the devil your soul," I said. "And we are almost done with the fence." He said. "And you owe the devil your soul." Both Mugman and I said. He shrugged. "I'm not too worried about it," Cuphead said as he filled the cannon with paint. Which Cuphead fired and once again Elder kettle was covered in paint.