Chapter 6: Cheer Up Days

*3 days later*

Pixal's POV

I still can't believe what happened to my father. Me, Kyle and Lucas went to the American legation after my father's funeral. They comforted me all the time. We didn't said anything to  eachother, we just sat on one place while I had laid my head on Lucas's shoulder and cried.

"I feel like I lost everything." I sobbed, the hot tears burning my face and making my cloak glitch. "I don't know for what I am even living now."

"Pix, don't be like that." Lucas hugged me tighter, erasing some of my tears. "You have so much to life for."

"Yeah, you have us, your friend Sun-Young and–"

"And you also have me."

Kyle got interrupted by Zane's soft robotic voice. I fastly fixed my cloak, I let go from Lucas and wrap my arms around Zane's cool body. I sobbed into his chest, he held me tighter.

"We will leave you two alone." I heard Kyle say, as he and Lucas left.

Me and Zane moved on the couch and we just cuddled while he tried to calm me down. Being in his embrace right now does calm me down a little. He always know how to make me smile even when the world is against me. He rubbed my back softly while I just sobbed on his shoulder.

"I know how you feel Penelope," He started and I looked at him, my eyes red from all the crying. "When I lost my own father, I couldn't stop crying for a while. I even blamed myself for what happened to him, but do you know how I was able to cope?"

"How?" I sniffed.

"I had my friends by my side." He said with a smile while erasing my tears. "They reminded me that not everything that happens to me is my fault. People would be born and die at some point but that is just part of the human life."

"Yeah, but it was different for you. Your father died of old age," I let go of him and stood, my sadness got replaced with pure anger. "While my father was killed! This coward came and took my father from me. What kind of a cruel man is that?!"

Zane stood up too and hugged me again, trying to calm me down but I just can't calm down while this monster is out there.

"Penelope please, calm down. Being angry will lead you to nothing good." He grabbed my face in his hands and I looked at his icy blue eyes. "I know it's hard but you shouldn't do this alone." He caressed my cheek with his thumb. "I'm gonna help you and be there for you. Always."

"Thank you, Zane."

"Now, how about you get your smile on this beautiful face of yours and go out with me." Zane suggested, making me giggle a little. "I know what will cheer you up."

---

Zane led me to the lake where his friend Sarah was already waiting for us. The place where we had our first talk in ten years. This time the boat was larger and had things we will need for our fishing day. Zane explained to me how in his free time goes here and goes fishing. I'm glad to hear that he has time for himself.

This time we changed our roles and Zane was the one rowing the boat while I paid with my little 'American salary'. When we get further in the lake we grabbed our fishing rods and waited patiently for a fish to catch on.

"So, you like doing this in your free time?" I turned to him with a small smile on my face.

"Yeah, it's something me and my father did before he... you know." He replied the same small smile on his face too. "Now I'm doing it by myself in his honour."