Oneish?

Run. Grandfather hasn't came back and I'm beginning to hear things. Run, my mind tells me over and over. I can feel the darkness beginning to clutch my arm in the tent, but it is only an illusion.

I wake. It's was just a dream but why does it feel like it really happened? I get up out of my bed and snicker at the alarm clock labeled 8:00 am. I'm glad I'm home schooled.

"Presley!" my mom calls. "Presley time to get up! You have a lot to learn today!" I know she's lying. All she does is tell me stuff like math and English, but I already know everything I need to know to be successful when I'm older. I am only 14 ,but I guess the wonders in life that question scientists theories aren't important right? Wrong, they matter the most to me.

"I'm coming Mom!", I step off my bed and touch the cold wooden floor as my toes search for my giraffe slippers. I run down the squeaky steps and nearly trip over my own foot. I get to the kitchen where my mom awaits with scrambled eggs and a math book.

"Get ready, algebra time." My mom says with a snicker, she's really good with math but I'm not. And she knows it.

After thirty minutes with my tongue sticking out of the left of my mouth, Mom says that I can have a break. I happily smile and get out of the chair. " Your break starts now, use your time of freedom wisely. Hahaha," my mom tells me. She's a cool mom.

I walk onto the back porch and step onto the stones that lead to the woods. It's a beautiful day in the spring. A bee buzzes past me, by I do not fright. I've learned on my own that if you don't mess with them they won't mess with you. I respect that about bees, their kinda like me in a way.

I hop on the stones to the lush forest. I always wondered what's beyond the fence that divides our property from someone else's, or is it no-ones? Is it just virgin land left untouched, untouchable? That dream about grandfather, he is missing. And one day I will find him, soon grandfathe-"Presley! Your time is up! It's time for science!" It's science time, my favorite subject. "Presley!" My mom yells impatiently.

"Coming!" I yell back.

I run across the flat grey stones and up the steps where my impatient mom is tapping her foot. "Took you long enough. I thought I was going to turn to dust!" Mom is so dramatic.

"Pssh. There's no way," I reassure her of how ridiculous she is.

"Uh huh. Whatever. Just get your butt in the kitchen it's time for science! Your favorite subject."

"YEESS!" I run into the kitchen and finish homeschool for the day.

After I help my mom pick up all of the books and papers I go back outside. I need to find out what's beyond that wooden fence. I take my bag and fill it with a sandwich,flashlight, and my lucky pin. I don't tell mom where exactly I'm going when she asks me What am I doing. So I just say I'm going to explore. Surely she understands, considering we did just move here from Kindsingburg, Mom just couldn't stand Dad anymore. And her lack of patience with him caused my life to change. I had to choose whether to live with my dad or my mom, it was the most difficult decision of my life, Even more difficult than the tests my mom gives me.