Chapter 1: lost

Raining, thundering, storming in the middle of the night, the pack goes out and runs from the hunt. They run to not be captured by the hunters who hunt wolves for their tooth, bears for their fur, elephants for their trunks, deers for their antlers, and bulls for their horns. As they run the tiniest pup trips and hurts his paw on burning glass. He whines. An adult wolf comes over and tips the pup with his snout to lift him up off of the ground.

"There's no time!" Another adult wolf with black fur called out. The black wolf picks the pup off of the ground and sets him down in what seems to be a hole, a deep one. The pup whines more, and louder as he tried his hardest to get out of the hole but it was no use. The hole was too deep. He then heard unusual footsteps and stops, then he hears a loud bang come from right above him then runs over to a corner in the hole he was in.

The thundering startled him, the howling from his pack worries him, and the loud noises all make him shake.

What's going on up there? What's happening? He can do nothing but lie in a ball and cover his ears hoping when he gets up everything will be over, and everything will be back to the way it was.

It wasn't.

Still storming, and yet he's still in the hole. Hearing loud noises and running. After minutes have gone by, everything stopped. No more howling, no more loud noises, and the storm appeared to have moved. Though, it was still drizzling a little.

The pup tried over and over to get out of the hole but could never achieve this, until he looked over. Over on the right was a tunnel like hole that had no end to it. The pup wagged his tail and ran through the tunnel. Thankful, the pup ran out finally getting out of the hole he was put in.

He ran up a hill towards where the pack ran and stopped in his tracks when he saw something that he would never be able to shake out of his mind. His pack... were dead. They lied there, with bullet wounds in their fur, the mouths hanging open with some bleeding out. They took the tooth's. The pup slowly walked around some of the wolves and stopped when he got to the black wolf, the same one who put him in the hole.

The pup whined and sniffed the black wolves fur. He was gone. The pup whined, and whined then finally was about to run away from the horror until he heard a low growl and snarl from behind him. He turned with his tail between his legs to see a large dark animal with yellow eyes staring at him. The striped on it's body, the blood running from its chin, and the size of the animal shocked the pup to where he couldn't even move.

The pup backed away accidentally stepping on the black wolves snout. Then he turned and ran as fast as he could, knowing (and hearing) the large striped animal was running after him. The pup jumped over small branches, ran through small holes, fell down small hills, and yet the animal was steady on his tail. The pup soon became out of breath. He couldn't run forever, he needed to hide. But where?

He came across a cabin. He ran inside and looked left and right for a non-findable spot to hide away from this large vicious creature. He found a small basket and hopped inside, and when he did it closed. He heard paws, large, wet, paws stepping on the creaking wood. "I know you're in here... cub." The deep snarky animal said. He licked his snout and eyed everything in the cabin. "..next time."

The animal walked out of the cabin, and looked elsewhere for fresh food. The pup slowly lifted his head out of the basket and looked around carefully to make sure the animal left. He did, so the pup hopped out of the basket and felt a sharp pain on his left-front paw. He whined. He forgot all about the glass in his paw.

He walked out of the cabin still staying wary of everything around him. Of noises. Of animals. Of people. He found a small cave with enough space for just two animals. He walked in, and lied down. Hungry, startled, wet, sleepy, traumatized and in pain. Hurt that his pack, his family, is gone. Not knowing what to do.

He was alone, and lost.