A

"Sebastian, what is that?" The young lord, Ciel Phantomhive, asked his butler in black, Sebastian. He was serving him breakfast, while holding a fancy looking envelope, with a letter fit for a party.

"Oh, It is just an invitation to a ball tonight, young master." He replied while slowly handing him the letter.

"Oh." The Earl replied dully. He reached for the letter and scanned it's contents. He hated attending balls, ever since Viscount Druitt's ball. He shuddered at the thought of that time when he was about to be sold to an old pervert, and was forced to wear a pink dress and dress up as a girl.

"This specific ball is a must to attend, young master, we have to investigate "A." remember? According to my sources, he will be attending that ball, and this will be the perfect time to apprehend him." He said as he watched the young lord sip his morning tea, Earl Grey tea, just how he likes it.

"Alright Sebastian, but I am not posing as a lady again, understood?" The bluenette glared at him as he smirked. He must have been remembering past events.

"Yes, my lord." The butler in black said as he bowed. The case they had on their hands was a complicated one. About the notorious "A." He is known as a hit man paid millions to kill, known and feared everywhere because he never leaves a trace, but a piece of paper with the letter "A." The Queen was worried about the guests at tonight's ball, so she sent a letter the other day informing the young lord about the notorious murderer. And tonight must be the night.

"I will be in my study Sebastian." The Earl said finishing his meal, standing up from the table, and walking upstairs.

"Yes, my lord."

Later that day, Ciel walked to his mirror and looked at his attire for that evening. A pink dress, A long wig styled in pigtails, while his eye with the Faustian contract was hidden using his hair and small hat.

"Ready, Milady?" Sebastian asked behind him, smirking. He dressed up to look like some kind of instructor or guardian. That demon told him to wear the pink dress he used at the Viscount's ball and act like a girl again. He said "A." would most likely avoid contact with him at all costs, so better go as someone else for the meantime.

"You know how much I hate cross-dressing as a girl!!" The young Phantomhive shouted while stumbling because of the boots he was forced to wear, with unusual heels.

"Of course I know Milady but, We are not sure if "A" recognizes you or not, We cannot afford to lose you now." His butler said smirking and adjusting his glasses. He was wearing the same outfit he wore at Viscount Druitt's ball, probably to just annoy him. Or maybe he didn't have anything else formal to wear.

"I hate you Sebastian." Ciel growled as he glared at him with his arms crossed and his face bearing a sour expression.

"Tsk. Tsk. Such manners from a lady." The butler mumbled as he walked away, probably outside to call a carriage. The boy sighed. He felt annoyed as he followed him, lifting the skirt of his dress to avoid stomping on it with his high heels.

Soon enough, they found themselves in the middle of the ball, with people dancing, drinking, and socializing.

"Milady, Please be careful around here, you'll never know when "A" is going to appear." Sebastian whispered as he stood beside the buffet table along with his master. Ciel nodded as his eye scanned the room. He didn't see any mysterious or unfamiliar people as most of the guests present were nobles who he personally knew.

Even Elizabeth, his fiancee, was there. He tried his best to avoid her, but with Sebastian around, He was only hoping she'll never approach him. The Viscount too. He was flirting with some ladies awhile ago, but that was none of his business unless he was doing something illegal. It's a miracle he didn't approach the Earl either.