Infertility And Its Causes

A disorder of the male or female reproductive system known as infertility is characterised by the inability to conceive after 12 months or more of regular, unprotected sexual intercourse.

You can have primary or secondary infertility. A person has secondary infertility if at least one previous pregnancy has been achieved, whereas primary infertility is when a pregnancy has never been achieved. Fertility Care covers infertility prevention, diagnosis, and treatment in full.

Causes of Infertility

Numerous elements in either the male or female reproductive systems can lead to infertility. But sometimes it's difficult to pinpoint the root causes of infertility.

Infertility in women may result from any of the following:

· Tubal conditions include blocked fallopian tubes, which are also brought on by untreated STIs or by side effects of unsafe abortion, postpartum sepsis, or abdominal/pelvic surgery.

· Uterine conditions that could be inflammatory (like endometriosis), congenital , or benign (like fibroids).

· Polycystic ovarian syndrome and other follicular diseases are ovarian abnormalities.

· Imbalances in reproductive hormones caused by endocrine system diseases.

Infertility in men may result from any of the following:

· Blockage of the reproductive system leading to abnormalities in semen ejection The tubes that transport semen are susceptible to this obstruction (such as ejaculatory ducts and seminal vesicles). Blockages are frequently brought on by genital tract injuries or infections.

· Hormonal issues that result in variations in pituitary, hypothalamic, and testicular hormone production. The generation of sperm is controlled by hormones like testosterone. Cancers of the pituitary or testicles are two examples of conditions that cause hormonal imbalance.

· Failure of the testicles to make sperm, such as from varicoceles or other conditions that damage the sperm-producing cells (such as chemotherapy).

· Abnormal sperm quality and performance. Conditions or circumstances that result in abnormal sperm morphology and motility

Millions of people in the world who are of reproductive age suffer with infertility, which also has an effect on their families and communities. Infertility is estimated to influence between 48 million couples and 186 million people worldwide.