Woosh

Instead of imagination on fire like acid rain or sinking quick sand our world has the dust. A rapid wind that collects debris, sweeping you up in a tornado form except your body is never seen again. I still wonder... where do you go after the dust happens? Will you drop dead in another country? Or will your body travel in waves for sharks to feed off of?
No one knows. All I know is that Craig is constantly running from the dust when it's clear that it's a deadly woosh of illness you can't escape. It takes him away piece by piece. First limbs, then eyes and everything else turns into air.
"CRAIGGG!!!!!!!" I scream for his name like it'll bring him back. Like my voice will revive him; it doesn't.
Craig was my first. My lover. My husband. My best friend. I tried everything on God's green earth to keep us inside and away from the dust, but food and water matter. Plus pleasures. The pleasures of Spain.
La fiestas con limonada and cute babies running everywhere. Craig and I were blessed with one. Bailarna. My precious baby girl named after dance. I will not let the dust take her away. Craig I couldn't control, but all be damned if I lose my only one.
Sometimes I feel punished as a human. Like why us? Why did we have to be the race to be punished and damned? WHAT DID WE DO?! Maybe one day I'll learn. Maybe one day I'll teach. Hell, maybe one day I'll be a spokesperson for the future generations to come. Maybe I'll be on the planet of Venice teaching kids about how to protect yourself from man's mistakes. We'll just have to see what's gonna happen for Generation Z.