prologue: sealed power

The unnaturally red, cloudy sky with the scent of despair and grief. It was unbearable to look at.
Heavy breaths filled the air as he stares at the cold, unforgiving sky. His blood was currently passing by as he had been struck by the most horrid being known to mankind and gods alike.

"Izumi, the God of Death..."

Those labored words were more terrifying than the ugliest truth you could spare. More than beings whom resided on the Earth would ever know. The deity that was supposed to protect the people on the planet... Izumi made even him tremble. He couldn't move an inch for the paralysis poison inflicted from Izumi's blade had already settled in, and with this, Izumi gave an ominous chuckle at his state.
"Your feeble-minded self never seems to realize you could never beat me. Or should I say..." The sound of the Izumi's footsteps drew closer to the injured man. The man squint his eyes hidden behind his severely broken glasses. "...yourself."
Yes, the man knew it all. He couldn't beat himself the way he was... but even so... "Even so!", the man spoke with words that he thought only to be reserved for his thoughts only. The resulted in hearty laughter from the God of Death. "Even so? What pathetic words will you feed me this time? 'I won't lose?', 'I'll get stronger? We both know that you cannot defeat me. I am your superior half. Your everything, you need me." Watage stood up  to his feet to meet Izumi's gaze. He spoke such words so cruelly, Watage almost believed him. He almost... until some gentle words of compassion rung in his head.
"If you die, I'll make you kill yourself!"
His fatigued eyes flew right open, causing a bit of shock on Izumi's end. "What's with you now, coward—" Watage aggressively swiped his glasses off his face and threw them at Izumi, whilst proceeding to limp. It appeared to have burned him to some degree because Izumi winced in extreme pain. "You!", Izumi growled. He grabbed his sharp blade, and swung at the fleeing man, leaving a resonating hum from the sword. Just for a moment, he lost Izumi. "I... have to reach... Lili...." Watage held his fatal wound as he limped away. He couldn't run long but he had to run somewhere to hide. The blood would give him away, but if he placed it right he could checkmate Izumi. Watage proceeded to fulfill a horrible gambit. He proceeded to form his hand in a firm, hand chop position to stick it in his wound, causing more blood to flow from his body. Watage bore the immense pain and agony with a stern groan. "Nghh...!" Watage stepped in the pool of his own blood trekking it in a confusing manner to throw off Izumi. He proceeded to run in the direction opposite from Izumi, near a golden room full of treasure. He sat down, blood trailing everywhere he walked. He proceeded to rip his top off to reveal his scrawny figure. Using his shirt, he tied it upon his wound to stop the bleeding. Watage let out a sigh. He ruffled his already messy brunette hair in distress. "I just need to do that, and I'll be okay."

After a while of healing, Watage proceeded to stand to get ready to face Izumi. "Alright." He searched the treasure room, every item that was precious to him. "No time to reminisce. I must hurry, hiyaku." The bookshelf he had was ransacked and all the books were gone. Giving up on that, he looked in the weaponry only to realize that Izumi took every single last weapon he had. "Damn...", he cursed. He had no weapons, no magic books, nothing. He sat there, thinking very cutely until it came to him. On the stand, an object stood out to Watage himself. It was small but very effective. He didn't need any weapon. "Yatta!"
Watage ran to draw sound, which of course attracted Izumi. "Bastard! You'll pay for what you did!"
"No, you."
"What the hell?" Izumi stood in confusion whilst Watage smirked.

"Is this your card?"

Watage revealed a golden, blank card with his index and middle finger, cooly. Izumi realized the quicksand he had just leaped into. The card. The ultimate card, stronger than a pregnant woman in labor. A beautiful, golden light burst out from the card to suck in the deity. "NO!! NOT THAT, PLEASE—"
"Shadow Realm time." Watage did his signature lip bite as Izumi struggled to evade the vortex, but it was of no use. "WATAGE...!! YOU!!!! AGHHHHHH—" Izumi let out one last loud cry before his entire being transferred into the card. Watage let out a relieved sigh as he stared at the card with a figure of Izumi on it. "...What am I gonna tell the others?"
Watage walked out of the palace to look for his other comrades when... "FLUFF, YOU BAKA!!!" A small girl leapt into Watage's arms with tears in her eyes. Watage fell back from the sudden force that was the girl. "Itai, itai yo, Lili-chan!!!" 
"Lilith."
Upon hearing the voice, Lilith got off of Watage.
"Don't command me.", she folded her arms with a huff and puff or I'll blow your house down attitude. Another person popped up behind her and let out a slight chuckle. "You good, man?" He reached his hand toward Watage, who gladly took it. "Yeah." Watage forced himself up with a smile on his face. "So, did you defeat him?", the man said. "Yeah, thanks, Cvi." He showed off the golden card with the figure of Izumi in it. "He looks kind of peaceful.", Lilith said. "Yeah."
"We should go tell the others, too.", Cvi said.
"Yup!! Let's go home, minna!", Watage took a brave step to a new tomorrow. The skies were clear, and there was no more thunder.
"...By the way yo momma sooo fat—"
"FLUFF!!", the two shouted as they walked off into the peaceful scenery.

To be continued...