Prologue:

A/N: Please do not copy or redistribute my work in any shape or form. I've seen many people using my work to make an audiobook on YouTube and failing to give me credit or even ask for my permission. So please don't redistribute or copy my work.

----This Chapter is Written by Void-King---

Prologue:

The Mythical Age. There was once a man who destroyed the human nation, burned the forests of the spirits, and even slayed gods. A man feared as the Demon King.

According to history, this man took tyranny to its extremes. Even reason fell before him.

His name was Anos Voldigoad.

“Well? What do you say?”

Perched on his throne with his arms crossed, Demon King Anos spoke.

His words carried a power that could leave the average human trembling in fear, but that wasn’t a concern for the people currently before him.

The chosen one of the holy sword that could sever fate, Hero Kanon.The mother of all spirits, Great Spirit Reno.

And the maker of this world,Goddess of Creation Militia.Four great figures who could sway the destiny of the world, whose names would be passed down for generations to come,had assembled in the Demon Castle Delsgade.

“I hear your proposal,”acknowledged Hero Kanon.“The conditions aren’t terrible. But you want to make peace now, after all this time?"

“That’s right.”

“Demon King Anos, how many humans have you killed until now?” Anos stared at him coldly.

“I could ask you the same,Hero Kanon.How many demons have you killed?”he replied.

Human or demon, who had cast the first stone? There was no way of knowing when so much time had passed. Regardless, that knowledge would not alter what had happened. Perhaps the start had been trivial one side killed someone from the other.

Then, the other side swore revenge.The rest had been mere repetition.A cycle of murder, revenge, retaliation, and death.

Hatred had accumulated between the races, endlessly accelerating the chain of tragedy.Humans and demons were alike in that they detested those who were different from themselves.

“Do you really expect me to trust such words after all your savagery?”Kanon asked in place of an answer.

“What else could I have done? If it weren’t for fear of the Demon King, you humans would have wiped out demonkind long ago. Under your pretext of justice,you absolve yourselves of all guilt, going so far as to glorify your fallen as heroes.”

“Only because of the cruelties that demons commit.”

“It was humanity that forced our hand.”

“Are you saying demons bear no blame?"

“There’s no right or wrong in war.” Demon King Anos glared at the hero.

“Kanon. Humans seem convinced that defeating me will bring peace to this world, but will that really be the case?”

“Of course.”

“No, it will not. You must be aware of it yourself,that such peace would be an illusion.Even if the Demon King were killed, you humans would start a new fire.This war won’t end until one side is completely eradicated.No...”

Anos was merely speaking,yet his immense power made every word carry as if it were laced with a compelling magic. Anyone with weak magic resistance would have immediately succumbed to him.