Prolouge

Slow, shallow breathing echoed throughout the moss-lined cave. The soft pitter patter of the rain above slowed. A white wolf quickly blinked open her eyes and sat up. The Stars have always guided her but the cold stone beneath her paws reminded her she was alone. Only moonlight shone through the crack in the roof. It was almost mid moon and the soft trickle of rain had stopped.

A shape emerged from the depths of the shadows. She sniffed the cold, dry air. Nothing, the scents of the cave masked the strangers smell.

The shadows shifted, she sniffed again. Now she could pick up a tinge of familiar smells.

Her ears pricked as the shape took form into a lean, gray wolf with a dark muzzle. Its pelt was sleek as it outlined every muscle, every scar.
She recognized the face at once.

"Nightclaw!"she barked as it echoed through the cave.

"I'm going to get rid of you once and for all," Nightclaw growled.

She knew her suspicions were right, Nightclaw hadn't had a soft spot for her.

"Why would you want to get rid of me?"cried the white wolf. There was a flicker of unease in her paws but she still stood proudly.

"You rat-brained fool! I've tirelessly tried to become deputy. Hunting later, patrolling farther and I get nothing! My ambition is greater than any leader." Nightclaw stood with his chest high.

"You're no match, you see I have the whole pack on my side," she said defiantly.

"That's when you're wrong," Nightclaw said in a soft bark.

More bodies emerged from the shadows, some even her clan mates.

"Darktail? Sandynose? Redpaw?" She barked, surprised. It had looked as if a whole pack of rouges, dog pets and pack members joined as a whole.

"You could never underestimate me," Nightclaw growled as the pack advanced forward.

She stumbled off the rock as they drew nearer. She hit the back wall, she was trapped.

"Attack!" The air rang out with cries of battle. A flash of red caught her eye and she took a blow and landed face down on the cold, hard stone.

Nightclaw was running towards her but she was so lost all she could do was stand there.

Her blood went cold as yellow fangs sank into her neck.