Bio

My Life               

I stopped trying to be anything. I accepted myself with my imperfections, and I want to die a perfect man because I accomplished all my goals. My life is rather simple.  It is like a movie where the protagonist has its tragic moments, and his moments of glory.  Each obstacle develops his personality, abilities, and his confidence so he can find his true identity in this complicated world.  I am who I am today because of my high school experience. Secondly, watching my parents sacrifice so much consequently gave me a drive to be someone important in this world. The last reason I know who I am, and my purpose in this life is because of my little brother. Now, I will tell you story of my life.  Once I stepped into Central Catholic High school, I felt as if I entered a new world filled with knowledge, information, and keys to success.  I had to adapt to a whole new environment that I was never accustomed to.  Students competing to be the best in each craft, regardless if it was basketball, math, science, fine art, or English.  The more time I spent around my peers, the more I wanted to be the best, and look for the best opportunities in my life.  Throughout my years at Central Catholic, I played basketball. I was a captain my junior year, appeared in several all-star events, and won a state championship.  I felt I was on top of my craft in this school, and looking back at my life, playing basketball is the proudest moment I have accomplished.  Unfortunately, once my senior year ended I decided not to play basketball anymore.  For the sake my future, I felt that focusing on my academics was more important than playing basketball in college.  The scorn that was brought into my life was not a welcoming one, but I embraced it with my arms open.  Luckily for me, I had the support of my parents to keep me afloat.  My decision taught me a valuable lesson, and a lesson I will always keep. You are who you are, not what people want you to be. All in all, I am happy, and still till this day, I do not regret that choice I made. Actually, the more I look back on it, the decision is my proudest moment.

            Throughout my life, my parents are always there for me. Whether it is a decision I have to make, academically, or morally they are always there to support me.  My parents always pay there bills on time, they always go to work on time, and push one another to strive for excellence.  My parents came from Dominican Republic with nothing, but now are successful people because of their hard work, and ability to cease an opportunity.  Watching them over the years analytically, I realized that I am more like them than anyone else.  Their influence helped me understand that if you ever want to accomplish your objectives you have to focus, visualize your success, and succeed.

            My brother Francisco is seventeen years old with untapped potential to be whatever he wants to be.   His only default is that he is lazy, and constantly needs to be pushed.  Because of his laziness, I am the one that has to constantly remind him never to fall behind and keep with his goals.  Ironically, his laziness is the reason I am who I am. Consciously, I acknowledge that I am leader through example.  My brother tries to do better in his life because I keep pushing myself to be better man. I am symbol for him, and my close friends. I am man with principal, and values that impact my family and friends’ lives profoundly.

         My life is like a movie, where the protagonist constantly makes decisions to improve his life. Regardless of his hurdles he has to overcome, he does not know how or when this movie will end. He just knows he has to keep moving forward, and hope that the decisions he has made will result in a happy ending.  I am a simple minded man, with simple goals to achieve. I have a backbone and believe in my beliefs. I am a man with drive and focus. Last but not least, a man with leadership and potential to complete his tasks.