Mafia 2.1 : Siblings and Fright

« Taehyung »

« Stop it. I don't want to hear another single word out of your mouth. » the male gritted angrily

Elina sighed looking at her older brother who was pacing in their small living room. Elina Kim was fatigued of this. Her older brother was more often at work than with her. Days and Night, he missed countless birthdays. Failed to complete countless promises.

Yet she knew that he loved her. He cared for her deeply. Even if she didn't say much to him. Elina sat silently on the couch of the living room. Reasonably, she didn't miss a thing. She lived a very good life. She had a few friends, went to a very good school. 

Her only drawback was her physical state. She had anemia and couldn't do much efforts. Nonetheless, she tried hard to be like the others.

To not let anyone exploit her weakness.

Thus, she had tried to coax her brother to let her go out with her friends. It was only for an afternoon, doing some shopping. But Kim Taehyung wasn't someone flexible. He was someone who had beliefs and followed them.

Blindly so.

Nevertheless, his little sister, who was just 16 years old, knew that. She knew it very well.
So she went out.
She had also an new appointment with her doctor. She had learned something that had horrified her even more. 

Her condition was weakening, something about a new disease called PINAD (People in need of Affection Disease) being just found out. Only one doctor would be able to treat her.

He was at the other side of the country. But Elina knew it was her only chance to survive. Furthermore, she didn't want to die in her teens. She missed the presence of a parent in this moment. Taehyung had always been responsible for her and he took it to heart. 

Stretching his neck, silently pacing in anger, Taehyung wasn't even looking at her.

« I just went out for 2 little hours. Why are you being so pissy ? » she gritted

« Pissy ? » the older scoffed « Do you realize what could have had happened ? You didn't take any medications with you. I should just put a tracker on you. » he seethed

A shiver of dread washed through the girl. Her brother was overprotective, overprotective to the point that he asked her location every few hours. She never minded it, because after all she had a weak body and they only had each other left.

« You're not speaking seriously ? » she wanted to make sure

« I don't know. Am I ? » the male laughed « You are not trustable. I can't even work properly because of you. »

« It's not my fault ! You came on your own to the mall ! » she yelled as she stood up to him

However, dizziness took over her as she had risen so suddenly. Her brother reached for her silently, stabilizing her and helped her sit down again. Elina was furious. Against him, but also against herself. She despised herself for being so weak at first, but then she realized that she had to live with it. She hadn't a choice.

« I want to be normal. I didn't feel bad when I went out. » she whispered to him

« That's not the problem El. » Taehyung hadn't let go of his anger « You are my only relative left. I care for you. I care for your life more than I do for mine, yet you put yourself in danger mindlessly. » he pushed it

« I didn't- » she frowned not liking where this was going again

« You did. I spend my time and sweat earning money for you to get a comfortable lifestyle and you go out to the mall endangering your life. Like a complete idiot. » he added at the end