1. Hallucinations?

"We never really found out what was making that noise in the attic." 

Mel told the psychiatrist what happened. She wasn't lying. We never did. That was when we moved into that new house. It wasn't a castle or anything but it was pretty big. Affordable enough to say the least. To be honest i'm not really sure how she keeps it clean.

"Well, I guess you could say we found out, but that was only a few days ago." she mentioned, her voice cracking a bit. Tears threatening to spill due to the fear of the situation. She didn't want to go back into that house. None of us did. 

"So, what exactly did you see when you went back up there?" He asked her, jotting down a few notes in the process. 

Mom didn't reply. She just sat there and simply stared for a second. Tears beginning to roll down her cheeks. Me and my sister Lila just sat there with her as she broke down, grabbing me and pulling me into a bone crushing hug. "Felix I can't take this!!" she shouts. 

"I know mom, but you have to tell him whats wrong so he can help us..." I said trying to keep my voice low. She seemed to calm down a little.

"Alright well, one night we heard what sounded like glass breaking in the attic." she started. "I go up there to see what happened, maybe something fell, and the next thing I know there's this girl trying to stab me with a giant piece of broken glass-" she said and broke down once again. "Ma'am can you please tell me what this girl looked like?" he asked looking at her with a concerned expression. In all honesty I could see why. I took the box of tissues off the table and handed them to her. She took one and began again. 

"Sh-she had red hair, was wearing a black and white striped tie, and a brown apron-" that was all she could make out. The doctor nodded and took a few notes before looking at her again. "I wasn't close enough to make out what else she was wearing." It took quite a bit of time for him to jot down whatever he was writing this time. 

"Based on what you have told me it sounds like a robbery, though we have already sent cops to your house and there was no signs of a break in. Just the broken glass?" he asked. 

"Yes the glass, the girl, everything." She said. 

"It could be hallucinations or something worse. It could have also been an animal. If anything else happens again, contact me. Please." he said handing her a little card. He nodded and we walked out. 

the screams were filled with too much fear for there to be nothing there.

"How long has she been living in our house-?" Lila said as both of us looked at her. She shook a bit. "Lila we don't even know if somebody has been living in our house." mom told her. "Yeah what if its a ghost or something." I said sarcastically. I'm not one to watch very many scary movies but I definitely believed in ghosts and spirits. "Possibly" Mom said and lit a cigarette.