Prologue

"Run Max! Run!" Three of the capital's soldiers burst through the door. As they search through the room, an aura of death fills the area. Nova and Max run to the back of the house and escape through the back door. They run towards the fence that surrounds the house. With the soldiers hot on their tails, Nova and Max hop over the fence and run towards the forest. Nova feels a massive amount of heat heading in her direction. As she turns to look over her shoulder, she sees a ball of fire heading towards her. At that very moment Max barks and the ground beneath them instantly disappears. They fall down into the earth, dodging the attack. After a few seconds of falling, they land on a soft pallet of dirt. Nova takes a sigh of relief and hugs Max. "Thanks boy, you saved us again." Max barks and licks her face.

The soldiers arrive at the spot where Nova and Max disappeared. One of them throws down their weapon and in a fit of rage shouts, "Damnit! She got away again!" The second soldier responds, "She's a real slippery one, and that dog doesn't help at all. Captain, what should we do?" The captain looks down at the spot, "Don't worry men, soon she will be in our grasp. All we need is that mutt and she'll be crawling into our hands like a rat looking for cheese." The captain lets out an evil crackling laugh, and the two soldiers look at each other and join in with the ominous laughter.

Okay, let's hit a hot pause on this story ladies and gents. Yes, I am your narrator speaking to you, the reader, directly. Now, I know you're probably wondering, "why the heck is the narrator talking to me? And one more importantly, how did Nova get herself in a situation like this in the first place?" All good questions, and they'll be answered soon enough. So! Without further ado, let me start of this tale right!