Chapter 1

Fun Fact: I took the photo that is the cover when I went to Bude, Cornwall with my best friend Rebecca😊

Darcy picked up her Real Techniques brush and stared at herself in the mirror. Her pupils were small in her large eyes. Today was her birthday and in three hours, her birthday party. She was excited; having the perfect sweet 16 was a must have. Darcy and her friends had planned it from colour theme to the birthday girl tiara. It would be perfect.

It was halfway through the party and Darcy was having the time of her life. Everything was indeed perfect as she ended up with an incredible amount of MAC make-up and a new iPhone 6 plus. Everything seemed to be turning up for her except a smidge of negativity that Darcy couldn't quite wipe away and she knew why.
"You okay? You looked a bit out of it." Elizabeth questioned.
"Huh? Oh yeah. I just can't stop thinking about what we all did on Sunday. It's not something we're going to get over quickly."
"Hey, I feel the same. But we did the right thing, didn't we?!" Elizabeth's grey eyes sparkled.

No. We really didn't.

Darcy's party ended with success and amazing memories. As she packed up to go home and have a sleepover with her friends, something had changed. The atmosphere was murky and all Darcy could feel was fear. Her fear crept deeper into her suspicions as Elizabeth and Jaspar were too loud, too obxious. Them being two of the five people who were in the accident that night, they definitely knew more than the other three did and Darcy wasn't sure if she wanted to know what it was. The boys; Andrew and Callum, surely didn't know because Darcy could sense through their wary expressions that something was wrong too.

They all went to sleep that night with something other than blood flowing through their veins and it wasn't a good feeling.