Chapter 1

The fog was thick and the only source of light was from the bright moon that seemed as though it was following me as I ran home, even though technically it wasn't. I was running through a dark alley trying to make it in time for dinner since it was already 9pm and I was late due to my classes finishing late. As my house started coming into view, there were multiple black vehicles parked at the front, to be honest if i didn't know any better i would've said they are mafia cars. I started seeing some built men coming out of my home, they got into their cars and rushed away. One of them seemed like the boss, since the others were opening the doors for him and bowing at him as he walked out of the house. The cars zoomed out of the driveway in an orderly line and I rushed home. 

The moment I stepped foot through my front door, I couldn't believe my eyes. The house was a wreck, there was broken glass everywhere, the dining table was split in the middle, chairs tumbled, one was in the grandfather clock we had in the middle of our dining room. My jaw dropped as I took a minute to take in all of this information. It was all so sudden and weird. I was starting to wonder if I was dreaming because this seemed more like one of those action movies rather than real life but to my disappointment this was very real. How did I know? Well because I slapped myself really hard and it stung so this is pretty real.

I carefully walked through the house checking every room as the glass shards crunched under my boots.

"MOM!"

"DAD!"

"HELLO THIS ISN'T FUNNY YOU GUYS"

"I'M REALLY HUNGRY AND THIS ISN'T A NICE TIME TO PLACE HIDE AND SEEK"

"Look I'm 20 already can you just stop and tell me what is going on alre–"

There was a red trail leading down to the steps of the basement. At the back of my head, I'm like this is blood but stupid me bent onto my knees and trailed my fingers along it.

"It's wet, and still a bit warm, so they wouldn't be dead yet" "right?"

I followed the path and ran down the stairs. Just then I bumped into something.

"I don't remember anything being there '' I mumbled to myself as I reached for the light switch. As I turned it on, I gasped.