Pilot - Segment 1

The dance studio filled with cheers and clapping hands after giving an improvised choreography for a new celebrity music video.

"Hey love" Tyla came up clapping her hands greeting me with a warm embrace.

"That was Ah-mazing—like seriously what can't you do?"

I gave a nervous laugh, and shrugged not knowing what to say. I was just someone that wanted to spark new ideas and write lyrics for upcoming/ongoing artist. I hit it off with rapper J. Cole one night, when he came down to my hometown and he vouched for me through it all. I took a spin at a new flow he could play off of and wrote a bit of lyric, from there he asked to pitch ideas for visuals. As I was a upmost admirer, I certainly could not decline. After success of his satisfaction, he started throwing my name around for W's.

"Ok so same time tomorrow, and I think I want to pull you into my booth with an artist I'm doing a collab with. Can you make it?"

"Uh, same time and I will be there, thanks"

Tyla leaned to kiss my sweaty forehead and said her farewell. I wave and give a cheeky smile "see ya tomorrow". As everyone else followed after her, the room became hollow with echoes and silence. My body gave in and plopped on the floor of exhaustion.

"This is what you wanted, make the sacrifices" I whispered to myself pulling out my phone. Notifications swarmed on my phone screen, I took a sigh and quickly called one of my closest friends.

"Hey..."

"Liz...Hi"

"Alex, how are you? I haven't heard from you in a while"

"I know. I've been busy, following my dreams and...." I took another deep sigh and look at the time. It's only 6 in the evening "look, I'll be blunt, I need a night out"

"I thought you'd never ask.." Liz chimed "I actually have a art gallery setting up now, you can bring some of your paintings and get ready for a showing party. After we can probably go get into trouble" Liz snickers and smacks her lips coyly.

"That sounds like a hell of a plan, I'm down" I chuckled and swiftly stand up from the floor.

"Come before 8, the showing starts mid after. Also it'll gives us time to to catch up"

I shook my head pursing my lips at the thought of it. It's been 4 years since I've actually got together with Liz. From being her best friend to her roommate then having to 'unroomate' her because her boyfriend coming onto me...it's been a whirlwind. "I'll be there" I assured before the phone hangs up.

I give a little dance in the dance studio mirror "we going out toniiihhhtt, we gon' f'up the nighhhtt" I sung smiling at myself.

The gallery is scented with spices and exotic plants placed all around compliment the showcased theme. I hang the last of my three creations on the wall. It filled the gray walls introducing a vivid contrast of grey and red. I smile and look over at Liz.

"How did you know I was still making art? We haven't spoke in a couple years."

Liz grins and places the biography at the entryway of the gallery. "If I'm being honest..." she smirked and avoided eye contact.

"Hmm?" I ply with curiosity while playfully poking her

"I may have or may have not...been stalking....your Instagram page" sarcastically she reassured. My laugh boomed the space and I clutch my chest. Liz giggles fade with mine and a confrontational silence squeezes between us.
"I am so sorry"