Chapter 1

“Alex! Can you come down here please?” my mom yelled.

                “Okay mom. I’ll be right there!” I yelled back. I put down my iPod, turning it off as I put it on my bed. I turned off my TV and ran out of my room in my pajamas still and almost fell down stairs in the process. Both my mom and dad were on the couch. They looked at me with sorrow in their eyes.

                “What’s up?” I asked.

                “Why don’t you have a seat honey?” He gesture to the loveseat in front of them across from the coffee table. I slowly made my way to the seat and sat down on the edge of the seat. I was wondering what they were going to say to me. 

                “Please don’t be mad at us honey. We love and this wasn’t what we wanted. It can’t be changed.” My mom said. Tears were forming in her eyes.

                “Be mad at what? What can’t be changed? Please someone tell me?” I looked at them both.  There was a long pause before my mom spoke.

                “Well honey, when you were just a baby, your grandma Lucy decided that I was to get married. Arranged of course. She said before she died that you shall be arranged in a marriage as well. She picked someone and you’re getting married.” My mom tried to smile.

                “Wait What! I’m getting married! Mom your crazy! This has got to be a joke!” I yelled. How the hell can they do this to me? There one and only daughter. How could my grandma do this? She’s dead.

                “Honey please calm down. This wasn’t our choice. We’ve been trying to get out of it for over 17 years. I just couldn’t. We would have to pay 20,000 and that’s a lot. We would be bankrupt if we did. I’m so sorry angel. ” My dad said.

                “Calm down? You want me to calm down right after you told how to live my fucking life?! How could you!” I screamed at them.

                “I don’t like how you’re acting so go upstairs. We can’t do anything about it I’m so sorry. Go put on the dress I put in your closet and get ready because your fiancé and his family is coming over for dinner. Now go get ready.” She rushed me out of the room. Who is this dude anyway?

                “Wait. Who am I marring?” I asked.  She looked at me and smiled. I hope she didn’t think I wanted this.  

                “Jake. Jake Tyler. You know him right? I think he goes to your school. Am I right?” please kill me now. I nodded and ran upstairs.  Jake was the most popular guy in school. He had a girl every week. He’s a player. Once my friend Kelly and jakes best friend mike set Jake and me up on a blind date. It was going pretty good until I got sick and threw up on him. He called me a bitch and I cried over it and had to walk home. He just left me there.

                I’ve hated him ever since. Now I have to get married to the jerk.