Beetroot and Bevin 💟

This is a tale about a cat called Beetroot and a unicorn (yes, a unicorn) called Bevin. Now this unlikely duo were the best of friends; they went everywhere together. Beetroot (Bee to you and me) was quite a small, plain cat, he had average paws, an average head, average legs, but a MASSIVE personality (which made up for all the average-ness). He also liked Victorian couture. That is why Bevin liked Bee. Bee liked Bevin because Bevin, although wildly colourful, absurdly majestic and fabulously fabulous, was a good listener. And always had food.

If the two ever went on adventures then Bee would ride on Bevin, because that was easier than Bevin riding on Bee. Their adventures never ventured very far; only over rainbows, in leprechauns' lairs, past the tooth fairy's house and the down to the corner shop to get an ice lolly. You know, casual stuff.

But the reason i'm telling you this story is so you too can know of their greatest achievement: becoming a "meme". It might not have been intended but they did it all the same.

It was a sunny evening when they met the cause of  their stardom. They were leaving the corner shop with their lollies, both having slight trouble with no opposable thumbs but enjoying it anyway, when they met their first human. She was short, with blue eyes and black hair down to her shoulders (Or was it white eyes and gold hair...?). She must have been a teenager as she nearly walked into them because of her device. It wouldn't have been the first thing she had bumped into that day because of her phone: three lampposts, a parked car, a dog, a hedge and the floor (a shift in concrete had compelled her to give the floor a sharp hug). So not bumping into our doublet must have been a miracle, because if she had she might of accidentally been impaled. As soon as she saw them though, the phone was up, selfie position complete and within 0.01 of a second, it was online. And thus, crazy-selfie-girl-with-rad-photo-editing-skills became a meme.

The End