25; sherlock

"heizou?"

"heizou?"

your eyes widened as you recognized the auburn-haired boy who was sitting at one of the couches at the very cafe where he had took you out on a date. he was wearing precisely the same attire that your pen pal friend had described.

he waved at her, hoping that their unexpected turn of events would not alter their bond in any way.

"hey watson."

he wasn't at all startled, in contrast to you, who were stunned and trying to grasp the notion that your long-time pen pal friend was also your lover.

is this a dream? you muttered to yourself as you reached out and pinched your arm to confirm your suspicions.

this only caused a chuckle leaving heizou's lips when he noticed you pinching yourself. "no you're not dreaming, it's all real." he spoke out, watching your every move.

"how long have you known?" you inquired, already knowing he knows. why? he is sherlock, a brilliant detective whizz and your pen pal who has more intuition than anyone you have ever met.

you gently sat across from him, still in disbelief at the turn of events, especially who sherlock is, and he said, "since you went back to your mansion during the weekends." with a sigh.

heizou turned his head to look at you again, attempting to read your expression but finding it impossible to do so at this point. however, he was certain that you were upset that he kept it a secret.

you questioned again, "why didn't you tell me?" unsure of how to respond under the circumstances.

soon after, he apologized since he didn't want the situation to become unpleasant, but it had already been so from the minute you first saw him.

"i tried once, but something came up, and i never found the confidence to do it. i'm sorry if you're expecting someone else and for not informing you. i think it might impact our relationship and how things are between us."

he was met only with silence, and she turned away from his stare. there was an awkward silence between them as neither of them said a word as heizou awaited her reply.

heizou noticed a frown crossing her lips as she abruptly stood up, and his heart sank at the sight.

she uttered,"i need time to process things through, i'll see you later yeah?" tightening her hold on her sling bag as a sign that she intended to leave this circumstance.

heizou only nodded, his lips curled in a dejected grin. he said, "take as much time as you need, i'll wait." and she turned to leave their table right away.

her form left heizou, who watched it go out of view. as he attempted to ignore the emotion that was growing in him, his smile gradually turned into a scowl.