Ch1: Life in the Castle

Sitting alone in the garden of Bowerstone Castle, Vanessa waits for her sister and significant other to discuss important information about the king. The red haired girl looks down at the ground messing with the hem of her skirt as each second passes. She breathes out a heavy sigh as she looks down at her sleeping furry companion by her feet. She remembers that day as clear as the blue sky in front of her. She bends down and gives the dog a slow pat on his head before scratching behind his ear. Just as she sits up straight she notices two figures walking towards her from the corner of her eye. She turns her head towards said figures and sees her sister and boyfriend. She gives them a small smile before waving them over.

     "Sorry for the wait, Logan wanted to speak to me about something ridiculous again." The ravenette chuckles before taking a seat next to her sister. The red headed woman shakes her head before looking at her sister.

     "He's always favored you more than Vanessa, Tess. Then again you're the only one who puts up with all his craziness and tyranny." The young man crosses his arms as he stands before the two sisters.

     "You're right Elliot, but if we both went along with his ideals, we would have been caught a long time ago." The trio stayed silent for a while, looking around to make sure no one was around to hear them. The ravenette's voice gets low as she speaks to her companions.

     "It's getting worse, the first five years after he returned from his trip weren't as bad as they are now. He seemed more upset than usual today, as if something or someone dampened his mood greatly." Vanessa lets out a long sigh as she looks down at her lap and plays with the loose strings on her gloves.

     "I've noticed that too. The rumors are getting worse by the day. He rarely leaves the war room unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm afraid that if we don't do anything now, things will continue to get worse." The brunette comes and crouches in front of his lover and holds his her hands in his, rubbing his thumb across her gloved knuckles. She gives him a small smile at his attempt to comfort her but she can't help but worry for the future of her kingdom. If Logan continues to rule the way he does, it won't be long 'till the people come together and cause a revolution.

     "I understand you're worried, we all are, but no matter what happens I'll be by your side." Vanessa smiles at his words knowing that Elliot will be by her side. She hears a scoff come from her left, making her raise a brow at her sister.

     "Alright you two enough with the lovey dovey crap, you're gonna end up scarring my poor innocent mind." Elliot shy's away, slightly embarrassed by Tessa's words making the redhead giggle in response.

     "Oh stop with the purity act Tess, we all know your mind is anything but innocent. I had to pull you away from one of the butlers the other day, that poor guy was terrified." The raven-haired girl places her hand on her chest in mock offense to her sister's statement. She crosses her arms and puffs out her cheeks as she retorts back.

     "I have no idea what you are talking about. At least I'm not sneaking out at night just to meet up with a boy-" Vanessa's face turns a light shade of pink as she places her hand over her sister's mouth trying to block out her next few words. Elliot stares at the two sisters before closing his eyes and chuckling at their antics. It's never a dull moment in their group. That's what he liked about the sisters, despite them being the tyrant king's younger siblings, they always had something exciting happening every few minutes. After the girls stopped their playful back and forth banter they all had to head back to the castle for another one of King Logan's rulings. After waking up her sleeping companion, Vanessa gave Eliot a quick embrace before heading towards the castle.

     "I hope this is the last appointment for today, I just want to go and take a nice warm bath." Tessa bends forward slightly as she expresses her exhaustion. Vanessa stretches her arms above her head, humming in agreement with her sister.