Prologue

So, this is my first story on Wattpad... I've never really been a fan of writing but I love reading, and I wanted to try this out so here I am.

I came up with the idea of this story in Cuba, using my amazingly fabulous imagination and watching some birds flying around. XP I hope you enjoy, and sorry if there are any typos, I'll be editing when I finish the story.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Come on Coby, finish eating," my sister, Talia, whined obviously annoyed that she had to wait for me to finish eating before she could go out with her friends. I stuffed the rest of the food on my plate, which consisted of mashed potatoes and some meatballs, into my mouth at the sound of her voice and got up, carrying my plate to the sink. I turned around to watch her leave when, of course, my little brother, Austin, decided to tickle his extremely ticklish older brother. The older brother happened to be me.

As soon as his little fingers came into contact with my sides, I yelped and dropped my plate, letting it crash into the floor and shatter into a gajillion little pieces. Austin bolted and I was just standing there looking at the mess of shattered ceramic pieces and bits of food when Mom materialized at the door, looking breathless.

"Are you all okay?!" she screamed. Mom's eyes swept over the scene and her eyes narrowed when they landed on me. "Coby, what happened."

"Idroppedtheplate," I mumbled, which seemed to piss her off even more. Sometimes she was just like Rapunzel's mom from Tangled.

"You know I hate the mumbling and get that stupid hair of yours out of your eyes," she snarled. I sighed and blew my dyed black hair out of my face.

"I dropped the plate."

"How many times do I have to tell you to watch out! You are a walking disaster, Coby Hawke. We'll talk later. For now, you can clean this mess up before your father gets home. He doesn't need to come back to a mess like this after that long trip of his," Mom said, motioning towards the dirty floor.

*-*-*-*-*

I had just changed into my pjs when Mom walked in fuming. Guess Dad wasn't coming home today after all. She was always taking all of her anger out on me when something didn't go right. Either insulting me and telling me how worthless I was or slapping me repeatedly with those small, puny hands of hers. I feel like today was going to be a mix.

"Dad not coming?" I asked nonchalantly, trying to hide the fear I was feeling. Her expression became one of pure rage.

"How dare you talk to me that way!" she yelled, slapping me in the process. "You are to stay silent when I enter your room, you worthless piece of shít." I didn't say anything, just waited for her to continue her rant. "You can't do anything. Not even bring your plate to the sink. Even Austin can do it and he's 5. You're 14 years older and can't manage to do anything. For god's sake, Coby, the least you could do is help out around here! But no, instead you mess it all up and I can't trust you with ANYTHING! Everyone in this household would have an easier life without you." She turned around and left, slamming the door behind her.

That was when I broke.

I couldn't deal with this shit anymore.

Game over for Coby.