Prologue

- Disclaimer -

This is a fictional work. Unless otherwise stated, all names, people, businesses, places, events, and occurrences in this work are either made up or used in a fictitious manner by the author. Any likeness to real people, living or dead, or real events is purely coincidental.

I'm not a professional writer, I am not good at writing, thus, this book will have flaws (grammatical errors, typo, etc.) but I'll try my best to revise it as soon as I finish the story.

-

Selise

"You sure you want to do this? Final na ba talaga?"

Haven pouted at me, I was packing my bags and getting ready for our flight. I sighed, and nodded at her.
This wasn't even part of the plan
pero I had to do it.

Leaving the country is the hardest thing to do. This is where I grew up, had friends, made memories, and met people that changed my life. At least, Mom and Dad will be coming with me. I'm not even sure if favor ba talaga ako na sumama sa kanila.

"Yes, do I even have a choice?" I chuckled a bit.

It will be a huge step for me if I choose to leave my country and
move to a new one. There will be new opportunities, paths, and memories. I'm worried about leaving my friends, family, and relatives. Even though na I'm not sure if they would even miss me.

I'm scared of leaving those memories behind. When I'm away, I might forget your voice, your face, the way you laugh, your smile... I'm afraid of losing you.

"Hey, it's not even January yet!" Pagbibiro ko sa kanya at umirap naman siya sa'kin.

"Alam mo, Eli, mabilis lang ang panahon. Lilipas din 'yan, baka mamaya paggising mo 1 month ka na sa States." Asar niya sa'kin.

Itong babae na 'to hindi talaga nagbabago ugali nito. But sometimes, hinihiling ko na nga lang na sana she would go with me nalang sa States. Kahit papaano ay mabawasan lang yung pagiging lonely ko roon.

"Why won't you come with me?" Tanong ko sa kanya. Libre ko nalang kaya siya ng plane ticket?

Umiling naman siya, at tumawa, "I already paid my tuition for college, remember?"

"Oh, oo nga pala." Napakamot ako ng ulo, habang umupo siya sa sofa malapit sa bed ko.

"You know, you can always come back naman here sa Pinas. Take vacations if you aren't busy. We will wait for you, Eli. Don't be worried about you leaving us behind." Sabi niya sa'kin habang tinutulungan ako mamili ng mga damit na isasama ko.

She's right, sobrang dami 'kong what if's, it made me not to want to leave the country anymore.

"Would you be alright without me?" Naiiyak 'kong sinabi sa kanya. Nagulat siya sa reaction ko kaya't dali-dali namang lumapit sa'kin SI Haven at niyakap ako.

"O-of course! Ano ka ba, we'll keep in touch naman. I'll try to go there sa States if I have time and budget." She said to me while caressing my hair.

What about him?

Would he be alright if I'm not around?

Does he have any regrets of leaving me, without any... goodbyes?

"All done," Natutuwa kong binanggit kay Haven. Nag-thumbs up naman siya sa akin at niyakap ako nang mahigpit.

-

"Just a month left, Anak. We will finally leave this country. I can't wait for us to start a new beginning. Just the 4 of us." She smiled at me.

"Yes, Mom. You don't have to rush things, you know?" I smiled bitterly at her. She's the most excited one to leave the country, because for her, all that matters is making money.

"I know, but, time passes by quickly. Look at your brother, he's taking Med School na." She laughed.

"Remember, just a month left. Spend time with your friends, hindi ko kayo pinipigilan. Basta in January we will be leaving and there's no turning back." She said, and told me that she's going back to her office because she has a meeting to attend to.

1 more month and I'll be leaving for good.

1 more month to spend time with them.

1 more month to... convince myself that I already moved on.

Mabilis na lumipas ang oras at sa isang iglap lang ay January na. Time flies, huh?

Maybe, I'll see you in another lifetime. In a world with endless possibilities, where we can be free. And where I can finally call you, mine.

Losing someone is never easy to deal or get over with. Letting go is a part of the entire process. It left me a feeling
of dispair, I tried holding on, wishing that it would go away... but I was wrong.

No matter how many times a person will say it, it will never get easier. Good bye's are more than just that. To know that the person who used to give you eveything, their presence is no longer around you.

In this world, what would you do if the person you treasured, and loved the most, left without saying anything?

Why... why didn't you said 'good bye'? Is it that hard for you to say it? I have so many questions, it remained I even started to doubt myself. Am I not that enough?

"Asel..."