Chapter 1

All I could feel was my head spinning as though I had been placed in a washing machine going a hundred miles an hour. My vision was nothing but white, that was all I could see. White! Have I gone blind? I panicked as I tried to walk forward, I couldn't even feel the ground beneath my feet but I was too focused on being blind to notice.

Suddenly, I heard someone humming. An old man judging by his voice. I tried to respond and called out in an unknown direction.

"Hello"?

I waited for a reply. Nothing. Great, now my mind was playing tricks on me.

"Greetings young one. I have been waiting for your presence".

... Okay... well that was interesting. Not to mention a little creepy. Before I had the chance to ask what he meant, I heard somebody coming from behind me. Most likely the same old man. I turned around.

Normally I would remain calm and relaxed when dealing with strangers. However, turning around, I saw a giant tortoise with a robe and a cane made out of some kind of wood. I would have smiled now that I knew I wasn't blind, only the tortoise was literally one foot away from where I was standing, scaring the hell out of me and causing me to fall down onto my butt. I was almost certain I was going to have a heart attack, my chest was beating that fast.

The tortoise just smiled as though he was mildly amused with his little "Scare the shit out of the human" routine.

"Is this real"? I asked myself hoping this was all a dream because lets face it. This is too weird for it to be reality.

Then, something hit me. Literally.

"OW"! I yelled out. I looked back at the tortoise to see him lifting his cane from my head back to his side. Three guesses to what hit me.

"What was that for"?! I half yelled, half afraid.

"Did it hurt"?

I looked at the tortoise as I rubbed my head.

"...What"?

"Can you feel any pain"?

"Oh no of course not. You only just hit me hard on the head with a blunt weapon. OF COURSE I CAN FEEL BLOODY PAIN"! I yelled in anger.

Expecting the tortoise to leave, I become surprised to see a small smile form upon his face.

"Then everything that's happening right now, is indeed real my friend".

I almost wanted to say something back, but thinking about it he did make a fair point. I got up slowly, keeping my eyes on him at all times in case he tried to hit me again. I decided to see if this walking talking creature knew anything.

Soooo... where are we"?

Not exactly an uncommon question but at least it was straight to the point.

"Here, There, everywhere. The space between spaces. But I believe you humans call it Limbo".

"Ah ok, well then- WAIT WHAT"!?

Safe to say I wasn't expecting that answer. At least I knew why everything was white and why I couldn't feel any ground.

"How does- I don- wha- that's impossible". I blurted out after spluttering every other answer.

"Nothing is impossible young one". The tortoise replied.

Young one? I'm nineteen years old.

"Well can you at least tell me why I'm here"? I asked, trying my best not to become frustrated, which was slowly becoming a losing battle. However my sudden anger was forgotten upon seeing the tortoise frown. He sighed.