Chapter I

I am excited because finally next week the physical book of my story will be publish.

My hands were so sweaty I could barely hold the microphone in my hand. I can feel the sweat forming on my forehead. The color of my red lipstick is fading as I repeatedly bite my lips. The conference will about to start in five minutes.

Relax, you can do this, I whispered to myself.

" High school years is the most fruitful years in my life.... It is filled with lots of excitement and love. It made me understand the value of time. But at the same time it is also the days of pressure in lined with my dreams. Since I was young, I am accustomed in hiding all the existing emotions inside my heart.... I am always filled with doubt and fear. I am afraid that my emotions will devour me and makes me crazy. I hate myself for not being able to simulate the thought that I wanted to be with you in all of the remaining days in my life..... But I hate myself more for being unsusceptible. I like you..... but I'm afraid that you can't like me back...... "

But I'm afraid that you can't like me back.

I smiled at the crowd as I finished reading my novel. I put the book in my lap. Finally, I felt more comfortable in front of the crowd as I saw their faces filled with excitement. I can see that they're interested in my story.

Alright, thank you for listening, said by the MC.

Afterwards, you can hear the burst of striking palms of the audience in the small auditorium. And the silence came back as the MC speak again.

Now it's time for Questions and Answer. You can now ask all your inquiries to Ms. Arya, the speakers added.

Okay, you, the MC referring to the female student from the middle in the third row raising her hand.

The staff gave her the microphone as she stand.

Hi Ms. Arya. I heard that you've been working on this book for more than a decade. What did it take so long?

Ahmmm, this is my first novel so I want it to be beautiful and attractive to readers..... I want it to be filled with different emotions. I wanted to not only show the characters story but make the readers feel it. Every event in this story has been thought out and I have made sure that it is relatable so that the readers will feel that they are part of the novel.

What inspired you to create this novel, the boy sitting in front asked.

Well, this novel is actually based on my memories when I was in high school. In remembrance of my past youth and the people I was with during that time.

12 years ago......

" Ring " my alarm went of, it sounded like a fire alarm ringing near my ears. I tried to ignore it by putting my pillow over my head but when I half open my eyes it is already 5:30 am. This is my first time to wake up late. And at first day of class pa.

I immediately went to the bathroom to take a quick hot shower.

After showering I looked for my uniform in my closet. A white shirt, then a black vest and blazer made with thick fabric and a long tie for my tops and above the knee skirt.

I went to the kitchen. I get the fresh milk on refrigerator, quickly fried egg while making a sandwich.

I grabbed my bag and then immediately goes to the garage. My driver is waiting for me there

Good morning Ms. Arya, he vowed at me and then open the door of the car.

That's Mang Vedran, our driver for more than 3 years. He's actually not that old, but I'm calling him Mang as a sign of respect . He's a middle aged man but he still looks so young. Just like those bodyguards at TV shows or movies, he's also a tall and masculine guy, wearing a black suit and Sunglasses everyday that makes me look like a mafia daughter.

Our driver only comes to the house to pick me up and/or drop me off.

I smiled at him and then enter the car. I sat near the window at the back seat. I put earphones on my ears while wandering beside the window.

My parents are abroad so I'm alone at home. I cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner for myself, and do household chores. I have piano and violin class every Saturday and art class every Sunday.

My parents install an intelligent anti-theft system to ensures my safety. If ever there's a thief or criminal enter our house in just one click on the remote control the whole villa will be encircled, the cell reception will be black out. So no one can escape.

A few blocks away, and we're about to reached the university.

I haven't introduce myself yet. I'm Allisharyanna. I know it's quite ugly and too long. You can just call me Arya. I'm fifteen years old. I just transferred here at Star International school. This school has close ties with foreign universities.

We're here, Mang Vedran opened the door.

Just as I expected from a key high school, sunny campus a view as nice pictures.

I look at my smart watch to check what time is it.

It's already 6:20 am, the first period class is about to start at 6:30 am.

I went to the bulletin board to find where my class at. Thank God, there are less student there.

I am at experimentation class. If you don't know what is it yet I'll explain it you. It a section with full of smart and chosen students among this school. This is where the competition is tough. Every student at this section is very focus on their studies.

I finally reached my destination, thank God I'm not late at the first day of class, there's still five minutes. I choose the seat on the middle at the last row. I sat down, get my physics book while waiting for the first period class.

Everyone is silently reading there textbook so do I.

The bell ring.....

Hi everyone.

That's Professor Sy, our homeroom teacher.

We have two new student from a key universities here in our class. Ms. Arya....

I stand up and say " Hi everyone, I hope to get along with you. "

And Mrrrrrrr...... Mortimer.

He stand but didn't say anything. Sometimes I wonder if he's a robot. Yeah, I already knew him because I met him when I was in third grade. Until now he still didn't change.

That's it? Okay, you can sit there, pointing at the chair beside me.

Let's start. This school year will not gonna be the same as your first and second high school years because the two more years before you finish your junior high will going to be the years of preparing you to your college entrance examination. There are possible ten students that can be admitted to foreign universities, but it will depends on your performance for every examinations. In other words you need be a straight A student with no failing grade. Your grade will be based on the combination of your remarks of every examinations. There are daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly examinations. But aside from being good at your academic performance you must not turn all your attention in that. You must participate in other activities as well. Those extracurricular activities in other words. There will gonna have night classes as well. The school provided a dorm where you can stay for weekdays so that there will gonna have less hassle for all of you. This changes will start next Monday, so you still have this weekdays to prepare all the things that you needed.