The Scarlet Visitor

A typical person of the void would have you believe that drowning is the submersion in and inhalation of water. But that is merely a lie. True drowning tries to consume you and is an infestation that plagues us all. 

Usually, the void is a desolate and dark place, now and again there is something new and exciting. These events bring color to this void. I call them X events. They are rifts that fill me with joy and temporarily halt the voids consumption of my mind or what's left. It's been quiet but I feel an X event's presence, does it matter though? My mind is draining and I'm nearly a husk. A clock has been ticking for a while its… new.  I suggest it represents the amount of time I have and it's not much. It's been a little while now X events are popping in short bursts quickly starting then-ending. 

Another rift has manifested but something's different before a flame would appear in as blue as sapphire. A bore honestly the visitors they bring would be more stimulating than a typical x event. But something was different this time there was a beautiful scarlet flame and with it an even more beautiful scarlet visitor. They stayed longer than anyone. They are beautiful, warm, delightful, exciting, wise, and oh so much more. They are perfect as I was in awe I failed to realize that slowly over time the void faded and a utopia of color was eternal. We enjoyed each other's company and helped each other. We were inseparable. I truly admired and respected them. However, I betrayed their trust and they haven't trusted a word I spoke ever since. A grave mistake I made but that was when I started to notice. My void did not disappear; they absorbed it. I was foolish enough to conclude that time would heal the wounds. When I knew better than anyone it was a maddening experience. This was only the start of my Scarlet Visitor's descent into madness. 

Apologies that was a lie; it's when I began to notice. Life was unfair to them in terrible ways sexual assault, emotional, abuse, trust issues, the trauma they had it all. I felt powerless to help them. How could I? What is one to say or do? My admiration my… love for them isn't enough. They need and deserve more; the world has controlled and manipulated them for an eternity. While all of this was true and had to be dealt with there was an additional worry to my visitor's health. The problem known as me. I have tormented my visitor without realizing it and the color they have brought now taunts me. It claims I am a fool looking for redemption perhaps I am but I wish to assist my visitor for it is my turn to repay their kindness. My visitor tried something that truly scared me they attempted to snuff their flame they were luckily stopped by a watcher but the flame grew weaker. I curse at the heavens why? Why? Return me to the void; do not harm my visitor. Bring all the suffering to me, leave them be. My visitor knows me like no other. I doubt anyone else could know me this well. Not even myself. My scarlet visitor cries for they have been suffering since the dawn of time but have been ignored. They mask the sorrow to avoid detection from others but I won't be so easily fooled not anymore.

I've fallen in love with my visitor. I truly care for them however they don't believe that. Do I only exist to bring my visitor torment? If so, should I leave my visitor? They too wish for an end to their torment, but not the same way I want it; if I can't be in their life so be it. However, no matter what, I will never accept their death. My visitor is fragile in their mind and thinks they are an inconvenience to all. I persuade my visitor to reconsider these thoughts but of course, they don't believe me. But it's not just that,  my Scarlet Visitor does believe what I say is genuine. They are in doubt because they have been told this by no other.

We are not as intimate as before. We are broken we are no more. I thought this would return me to the void. Did I return? No, what I found was solace. I was shattered without my visitor I collapsed but found new strength. My visitor and I still meet but it's not the same we both care for one another, however, we also understand that we aren't us anymore. My visitor took me somewhere new. A world of color and void I was baffled never before could I even comprehend such a scene. In return for this gift, they ask of me one thing before they depart to understand there was never any hate only misunderstanding and love. Farewell, my Scarlet Visitor may you find solace and happiness in your travels.