We Are So Good.

This was the end of a very exhausting shift. I was coming back to the station with Travis and Hughs after a checking up of their lunges. Long and busy shift.

- I know I said last week that my back was hurting, but today I am experiencing a whole new level of pain. - Travis said it in the minute they opened the front door.

- Oh man, you need to accept your AGE! - Vic were already laughing through the phrase.

- I told him! And don't you dare to tell me that we are the same age, Montgomery. - Carina once said that I have a Maya way of saying things, and I am pretty sure I used it in that moment just to tease my friend.

As soon as we put our feets on Station I went right to my office. I really wanted to get that uniform off, it was really smelly after this last call.

I usually rather shower at home, but the idea of arriving and going straight to bed was so tempting that I chose the hot water at the station. I put on my comfort clothes and took my keys, it was finally time to rest, to go home.

- I will be back in 48 hours. - I whispered as I always do before leaving.

I took a deep breath before opening the front door of our house. It doesn't matter how many times I do this, I feel grateful on every single one of them. This is my safe place, this is where I find love and happiness, this is our home.

Our schedules, although similar during the week, do not always match on Saturdays and Sundays. I often have to be at the Station at 8 am sharp on Sunday, or shifts on Saturday get me so tired, like today, that I can only sleep as soon as I get home.

It was early, I looked at my watch just to make sure. It was 7h13, I could bet that Carina and Bella would be sleeping, so I made my way to my daughter's room first.

God, I missed her every second, and you can imagine my surprise when I saw her door open and no sight of her in bed, but it took me only 2 blinks to realize that she was obviously in the other room by the end of the hallway.

And damn, I just got home in time to watch my favorite scene of all times.

Carina was still sleeping right next to our baby girl, they both had so much in common that even in their sleep they were breathing in and out together.

It was a cold day in Seattle and Bella had her face on Carina's neck, and my wife had her protective arm around our baby, with 3 different blankets on bed, they both wearing the same pink slippers, Bella on her pjs and Carina with my hoodie.

"I want to have another version of you that I can count my blessings on."

When I said that, I couldn't imagine how much love and how many smiles this would put on my face. I can feel the love emanating from my body right now. I could only close my eyes and let the smile spread on my face. She is so precious. They are so precious, and I am so lucky.

It's kinda crazy how our little Bella had so much of Carina and also, anyone could tell that she is a mini Maya. Her eyes never lie, her smile lights up our worlds, and she is so kind and brave for a 4 year old that sometimes I think she is already a young adult.

I took my time to keep this memory with me and headed back to the kitchen to make my wife her perfect coffee and my baby's waffle, after all it was a rainy Sunday.

As you may know, I wasn't able to not make any noise, cause you know, it's me. Of course I would let the spoon fall, but I was ok with that, not even a tornado could wake my girls up. Actually, there's this one little thing, the smell of coffee, and the fact that I was home after a 36 hours shift. Carina always knew when I was home.