chapter twenty-five

❝ i don't do favors anymore

❝ i don't do favors anymore. ❞

CARINA GAZED AT ANAKIN'S Jedi robes perfectly hung in her closet. The brunette purses her lips as thoughts floated around in her mind, every day, every hour that past, the more she felt as if something was coming to an end.

What? Well, that was just the question she wished she had an answer to.

A knock was heard at the door, pulling Carina out of her trance as she shut the closet, turning on her heel to open the doors to see Obi-Wan smiling at her, "Carina."

The Jedi Master was slightly surprised by the sight of her dearest friend but opened the door wider for him to enter, "Evening, Obi. I thought you would've been long gone by now."

"I leave soon, I just came to check on you." Obi-Wan spoke as he treaded into the room. Carina furrowed her brows slightly in confusion, "Check on me?"

"I can sense your anxiety all the time, Carina. I know somethings troubling you, and although I would like to help, I won't overstep my boundaries."

A small grateful smile tugged on the girls lips, "Thank you, Obi-Wan."

The Kenobi Jedi nodded before questioning, "Have you spoken to Anakin?"

Carina eyed Obi-Wan, holding a composed expression as she replied, "Not much, just when he spoke to me about the council. Why?"

Obi-Wan let out a heavy sigh, running a hand over his face, "It's Anakin. I'm worried for him. He's becoming moody and detached. He's been put in a difficult position as the Chancellor's representative— but I think it's more than that. I was hoping he may have talked to you."

Carina straightened up her posture, "Why would he talk to me about his troubles?"

Obi-Wan stared intently at the girl, a knowing glint shining in his eyes, "I have eyes, you know. Neither of you are good at hiding your feelings."

Carina swallowed thickly as she shook her head, "No— I don't know what you're talking about." Obi-Wan gave the girl a look, "I know how he feels about you. Anakin is even worse at hiding it."

Carina parted her dried lips, "What did he say?"

Obi-Wan shook his head, "Nothing. He didn't have to."

Carina turned to face away from Obi-Wan, nervously chewing her lower lip, "You're mistaken."

The Jedi Master took a step towards the girl, "I know you both so very well, we've been friends for years, Carina. I see how in love you two are. Please, I'm worried about him and I know you are too."