Tarot Reading Curse

On a gloomy day, Mom - to whom he calls Mae - and Gulf went to a temple to pay respect to the monks for guiding him with his journey in the entertainment industry. It was the lad's free day and he knew he wanted to stay low without anyone noticing him, especially while using public transportation.

Upon arriving at their destination, they went straight to offering the gifts of gratitude and praying for guidance. Before leaving they saw a nearby tent that says 'Tarot Fortune', and so they went in.

"Good morning, khab" Gulf said greeting the fortune teller who currently has her eyes closed while holding a crystal ball. "Have a seat.", the latter said inviting them to be comfortable.

She, the fortune teller, senses strong energy that the guy in front of her is famous. "I see that you are no ordinary person." Gulf is a little startled that even though he's covered up with a mask, cap, and glasses - she's too good to know that he's no commoner. "Khab", he blushingly replied.

"You don't have to tell me who you are but there is one thing I need to tell you." She stared at Gulf with a strange face. Mae then is a little worried and holds Gulf's arms. "What is it, khab?" he replied.

She smirked but frowned afterwards, "You have to beware of any woman who is not married that you work with - may it be older or younger than you. They might take advantage of your fame and put your career in danger. I am seeing one that is not afraid of anything, so stay focused and alert all the time."

He's scared. Mae is scared.

He's confused. Mae is worried.

"Luk, let's listen to what she told you okay?" Mae addressing her son - luk, told Gulf that he should just focus on work and don't get involved in any issue. "No faen for now, okay?" she added.

Gulf just chuckled a little because the no faen she is referring to means no relationship for now. In his mind, 'Mae, I know you know something.'

The fortune teller smiled as well sensing that he can only be protected by someone who the lad is in love with but that very important statement was meant not to be said but seen in the far future. Gulf thanked the lady with a crystal ball, paid, and left with a worried heart but a sure mind.

In the next few months, Gulf focused on his career keeping in mind what the fortune teller told him. He never really avoids his leading ladies but he knows his limits. He is born to be a gentleman for a reason. Though at one event for his new project - for the first time in his three years in the industry, he is partnered with someone who is younger than him.

Gulf is really excited to be called 'Phi' for some reason because he is used to being called Nong - as the former means someone who is older than you while the latter means you are younger than them if they call you that...but he is sensing something that isn't right.

Still, he managed to be as gentlemanly as he already is and continue with the work. Yet, this leading lady is way too clingy to him than his other partners. She kept on wiping his sweat yet this is their first encounter. She kept on asking him personal things while putting her hand around his shoulder. Most importantly, she kept on wanting to hold his hand instead of just clinging to his arm.

Nope, not okay.

The lad knew that he needs to draw the line because even though it was for work, he knows that someone might misunderstand since this kind of inappropriate act does not count for the term 'just for work'. Gulf is not used to someone 'taking care' of him except for his family, his manager, and his longest partner in the industry, especially if that someone is a person he just met that same day.