Lucifer's Lover

London, England 1802

Clara Whitlock was scanning the dance floor for a glimpse of brown hair. There were many people with streaks of grey in their hair or hiding them with powdered wigs. She was probably the youngest person at the ball.

Her father holds annual masquerade balls to find suitors for his daughter. the only thing is, she has one.

"Where is Lucian? He should be here by now." She turned to find her eyes looking up at a pair of glass blue eyes.A smile came on to her lips as his crashed down on hers.

There was a familiarity between them. The first time they kissed, it felt as if they had before. He broke the kiss and smiled down at her.

"Let us get out of this crowded room. No one will notice out absence."

He lead her towards the gazebo. It was covered with red, pink and white roses. When they walked in, he picked the most beautiful red rose and gave it to her.

"Thank you." He took her hand and kissed it. Smiling, he looked up at her with adoration.

"I have made so many wrong decisions in my life and you are the only right one. Many of your former suitors may have said this, but I tell the truth. I love you, Clara. I have loved you for what seemed like thousand years, and I will love you for many more."

She stared at him lovingly as she twisted the rose in her hand. "I love you too." He met her lips in a passionate embrace. She felt the love that they shared through that kiss. Her skin tingled as he pulled away. Lucian was mouthing out words, no no no. No what? Her world burst into flames and she screamed. The last thing she saw was her beloved's blue eyes with tears streaming from them.