hello world. - chapter 1

4:00 AM, SUNDAY ———————————————-

4:00 AM, SUNDAY
———————————————-

You wake up to the sound of pouring rain hitting on your window, and your stomach growling from hunger. You yawn and stretch, still so tired from doing anything. You closed your eyes in hope you would just go back asleep, but you just woke up a minute later to the same sounds. You finally decided to wake up.

"Geez... out of all times I wake up at 4:00? Could've been asleep by this time by now..." You thought, looking at your clock under your covers.

You still hear the rain pouring and hitting on your window, in which, you liked the ambience. You took another stretch before you decided to get your covers off of you and get up off your bed. You went to your closet and just threw your dads old sweater on you and grabbed your wallet without thinking anything.

Walking outside your room, you put on some shoes without socks. Ironic, isn't it?

You open the front door, putting your hand on the doorknob and turning it. You walk outside with rain pouring down on you and your old shoes from 3 years ago getting muddy from the rain.

Walking down the street, you saw a gas station? Shop? Whatever it was. You were starving and needed something fast, so you ran over there quickly before the rain started pouring down heavier. You managed to get inside to see an almost broken shop, with only so little things and a depressed looking cashier. Lights were flickering, it was cold... like a little bit cold.

The place was damaged but it was the only place you can find the nearest place to get food and drinks at 4 am. "Hi, welcome to a 'generic convient' store. Place an item here and just .. pay." The cashier said. Your hoodie was dripping down from the rain still. But you didn't care.

You decided to take a look around, trying to find something appealing to you. There was a patty on a grill, milk, sodas, orange juice, eggs, and fuel. You wanted to help organize the place a little more but you didn't have enough money. All you had was.. 75 bucks. You decided to take the orange juice and eggs for a nice breakfast.

You take the two items and take them over to the cashier. "You sure you wanna buy these two items? It'll cost you 55 in total." You nodded, even though realizing you'd have 20 dollars left. Taking out your wallet and grabbed some money, putting it on the table you finally got your breakfast meal. "Thanks." Is all he said, resting his head on his hand.

Though, before you left, something caught your eye.

On Aisle 2, there's a floating orb thing. It made you curious. It was only an orb floating somewhere in a broken store and making weird noises. "Hey uhh..." You looked over to the cashier. "What's this doing here?" You asked, pointing at it. "Oh, that orb thing? I don't know myself. I just checked in one day and it was just.. floating there I guess." You nodded, disappointed since you thought the cashier would know something about this since.. I mean, he is the only worker here.

You grabbed it, and took it to the cashier. "How much does it cost?"
"Wha-"
"How much does it cost?" You asked again. The cashier sighed. "$999999. You wanna buy this?" Your jaw dropped, like, dropped. "God damn! That's expensive!" You yelled, looking at the orb. "Well, you wanna buy it or not?"

"No." You said, picking up the orb. "I'll just take with me instead." The cashier just shrugged and nodded, not caring because — that orb doesn't belong in the store. You took your bag of orange juice and eggs with the orb in hand outside.

But you felt something was missing. Something that you maybe have dropped or something that maybe no clipped out of reality. You then looked at the hand were you helled the orb.

It was gone.
The orb disappeared in your hands.
"Huh? Didn't I just have that orb in my hand a second ago?" You double checked your hands and for real, the orb wasn't there. "Was I hallucinating or something?"

You paused in your tracks for a moment. You then just shook your head and shrugged it off as nothing, then started walking in the rain to your house.

"Weird. I felt timelines shifting aswell. What could that mean?... .. Probably nothing. Though.. I do get a weird vibe from that orb thing. Maybe It was just in imagination and the cashier played along but.. how would he know about it? .. Weird." Thoughts trailed your head as you continued walking to your house, the rain was heavy and was slamming onto your head.

—————————————————

You managed to get home. You took off your shoes and put your Dad's sweater on the counter. You got out the bag of your breakfast and set it on the counter as well.

Getting a bowl from your cupboard, you cracked an egg on the side of the bowl. You stirred it for a little bit and made yourself some scrambled eggs.

After the scrambled eggs were done, you grabbed them out of the bowl and set it on the plate with some toast on the side, and orange juice as the drink.

——————————————————-

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You made yourself a perfect breakfast.

a/n ::
hey guys, hope you liked this chapter so far even if it was rushed. rushed for no reason but I didn't really feel that good so I hope y'all understand. if you did like this chapter I hope you'll like the next one!!

SONG: hello world - louie zong
CHARACTER(S): cashier, gasa4. y/n, you.
GAME: gasa4snackcore/gasa4 (short for get a snack at 4)
WORDS: 973

GAME: gasa4snackcore/gasa4 (short for get a snack at 4)WORDS: 973