You are my king

800 years ago

Seungmin was running down the hall, feeling his world crumbling.

When he got to a certain door, Jisung caught him in a hug to soothe him.

-Seungmin, I need you to listen to me, he said caressing his brother's back while the latter was muffling some ugly screams. He needs you more than ever. Be strong for him. You need to be strong for him. At least...you have a chance to say goodbye, Jisung shed some tears while saying that.

The doctors told him Hyunjin had been poisoned and he didn't have much time left. Jisung figured it out it must have been the tea the queen of Liliac Kingdom had given to him that day.

Jisung had lost his father, his lover, his friend and now his best friend was dying.

He couldn't even describe how much was paining him to even breath in that merciless world.

Seungmin cracked the door opened and saw Hyunjin on the bed, barely breathing with three doctors guarding him.

-Leave us alone, Seungmin mumbled.

-But-

-He's already dying! At least let me say goodbye to him! he screamed in pain.

The doctors bowed and left the room in a hurry, locking the door behind them.

Seungmin fell on his knees, right next to the bed and took Hyunjin's hand in his owns.

-I told you not to go... What am I gonna do without you? he cried in the sheets of the bed. I need you.

-Seungmin...

The younger raised on his feet and saw Hyunjin slowly opening his eyes.

-I'm sorry! I should have listened to you, he smiled. I don't want to leave you alone. I had so many things to do. To prove myself.

-You proved yourself to me, Seungmin said. I love you so much... I don't wanna live without you.

-But you will. You have to promise me. You will live for me. You will rule this Kingdom and make a better place out of it. Please, Seungmin... I want you to be happy without me. I want you to stop refraining yourself and be who you are meant to be. You were born a king, no matter what others say. You are my king, he whiped the tears staining Seungmin's cheeks.

Seungmin wanted to lean on for a last kiss, but Hyunjin stopped him for the younger's surprise.

-You're not killing yourself for me, Seungmin, he said with a stern voice. I mean it. I want you to live.

-Can I least hug you? Seungmin asked with a quivering bottom lip.

-Yes.

Seungmin laid his head on Hyunjin's chest listening to his heartbeats becoming slower and slower.

A lump formed in his throat as dark thoughts started consuming him.

Only Hyunjin's hand playing in his hair managed to calm him down enough to make him fall asleep.

However, when he woke up, the hand had stopped.

He opened his eyes a few hours later and listened carefully, but he couldn't hear the heartbeats anymore.