all or nothing

sitting in the intersection of ponce and peachtree, i 

found myself consumed with how i had spent my evening.The backlight from my cell phone had been blinking with missed text messages and missed calls from home. i knew most of those calls were from walter and my grandbabies, telling me they were going to bed. somehow, over the past several months, id lost concern over keeping up with thier schedules. my husband of thirty years told me of his whereabouts daily, and i had grown tired of hearing the same old things, day in and day out. i often found myself mouthing his every syllable, his every word, whenever he spoke to me.

a provost at harvard university, his wife didnt have much excitement. he got up in the mornings, did five miles on the treadmill, took seven and a half-minute shower, splashed on some greu flannel aftershave and cologne he'd worn for thirty years, put on a pair of black slacks and a crisp, white dress shirt with black socks, made himself a bran muffin, a glass of apple juice and a cup pf black sanka, and drove his 1973 dodge charger to lot d on the universitys campus. in the evenings when he got home , he'd talk my ear off about his day and his colleagues who had gotten on his nerves.

the only one who ever caught and kept mt attention was lee mattews, a young african-american woman who'd received her MBA from georgetown. she was in her thirties from what walter had told me, he told me a lot about her but I have always been that type of person to go and see for myself. So the next day I go out with my friends and their she was sitting with her friends. She had on a black leather shirt with cheetahs on it and a high waisted skirt that showed her beautiful brown long shirt legs. Knowing me I was gonna go over there n talk to her buh sum random nigga beat me 2 it. I was mad but I really don't wnna go to jail so I kept my peace n walked away to the bar.
" U like that little girl over there" said the old ass bartender who like he had been here for decades.
" I wouldn't say I like her I just wanted to get to know her more "
"Mhm" I laughed when he said that because he probably know I do like her buh how am I supposed to like sumbody if I don't know them.

The next day I went to the store 2 buy some food and house supplies. As I'm walking to the pet isle of the store I seen this men. He was tall and buff. Not body builder buff buh he was buff. And he starts 2 walk past me and I seen his hazel eyes and his skin was caramel I just wanted to lick him, buh I had to keep myself calm and not act a fool in these people store.