Coma-Prologue

Before starting this part, I would like to inform you about some things:) I'm new here and I haven't shared any of my stories with many people so far, so if you have any comments about the parts I'll be happy to accept them. Furthermore, I'm Greek so apparently English isn't my mother tongue. As a result, I may have mistakes in my story, so I also want you to feel free to correct me :) thanks again for reading.

Like my father used to say "you can't forget what doesn't want to be forgotten". Wise words kid, wise words. This is only one of the countless quotes my dad would say in order to give you advice or just confuse you. In fact, now that I think about it, I can't really remember a lot of things about him. Maybe it's because of the lack of attention I had given him when I was a kid, or maybe because he left us when I was still 15. Yeah, it's totally the second case. But again, who am I to judge him? If I were him, I would have probably done the same thing if I had to deal with three "broken" kids. Because that's what we were, three "broken" and helpless kids.

But I'm sure you'll be pretty confused by now, so let me help you clear things up. I'm Olivia Livingstone, I'm 21 years old and I was born and raised in a town in Dallas, Texas named Addison. Until I was 13 I had a rather normal life, but then, one winter my mother died in a car crush, so my father was suddenly left with 3 kids, no job and lots of debts. He tried to handle the situation but things became worse when I was diagnosed with depression after being caught cutting myself. I had an older sister and a younger brother, so I was the middle kid, which automatically means I was never treated specially. But then all of a sudden, I had a bunch of doctors examine me all the time, trying to understand what went wrong. For god's sake, my mother died in a car crush one month ago, what am I supposed to do? Throw flowers in the air while singing "Happy" by Pharrell Williams? Jesus.

My siblings weren't perfect too. My older sister (who was 16 back then) was taking drugs and had drinking problems and my younger brother (who was 9) stopped talking while being in shock of the unexpected death of our mother's. Two years later, our dad left us and the social services gave us to a family. Basically, since the day I went to my new house with my new parents, I have no memory of what happened these 6 years. It's like I was in a coma all these years. But that would be crazy, right? How can I not recall 6 years of my life? Am I crazy? Or is it just my mind that protects me from bad memories?

So this part was a bit long, but I really had to make you familiar with the whole story, so here you go:) thanks for reading and please leave comments to let me know if you like it!