Chapter 1: Scare

It's August the 12th, 2:54 p.m at Sweet Bliss Elementary. In Ms. Lunia class, students are talking from left to right about what they want to do when they get home or what they'll do on the weekend since they have free time until the bell rings. There was laughing, shouting, and much more but there seemed to be a crowd next to a desk in the back.

"Boo?" A strange boy with a white bed sheet over his body with two cut black holes in the sheet like eyes says.

 "No, with more enthusiasm!" A girl says, "If you are going to wear that, you have to scare people, and it has to be accurate!" "Boo!" The ghost boy said with more enthusiasm but was still nervous

"No, with more enthusiasm!" A girl says, "If you are going to wear that, you have to scare people, and it has to be accurate!" "Boo!" The ghost boy said with more enthusiasm but was still nervous. "Specter. Let me be honest with you. You can barely scare a pigeon with that boo." A boy says.

"I-I can scare a pigeon!" Specter says. "Really? Because just yesterday you tried to scare a pigeon and the pigeon scared you." Another boy said. "T-Thats because it attacked me! That pigeon was a fighter..." Specter stammered. "Seriously? A pigeon scared Specter??" The girl looked at the boys, "But he's been wearing the sheet for as long as we all remember!" Suddenly the bell rings and all the students run out of the classroom.

"...Have a good day Ms. Channer." Specter says after he gets his backpack on. "You too Specter." Ms. Channer waved goodbye. She was substituting Ms. Lunia. She had red hair which was in a braid and she was was wearing a yellow dress with white stripes. Specter was speed walking in the hall to get to the exit and was calling someone on his phone, "Mom? Yeah can I go to the treehouse? I have to pick something up....Yeah it's a book, I forgot it there....Thank you! See you at home!"

"..Mhm." Specter examines the usual thing that happens while he walks on the sidewalk, "An old lady and man are doing their daily walk... The coffee shop line has exploded and now the line is going out of the shop...A girl feeding pigeons a small loaf of bread... *sigh* N-nothing new today..." He walks for a while now but then takes a sharp right turn into a neighborhood. As he sees a a big red house, he goes over and knocks on the door. "Hello?" A tall man with brown hair, green eyes, and full moon glasses answers the door. He was wearing a red turtleneck and long brown pants.

"Hi Uncle Stanley." Specter did a tiny wave. "Oh hey there Spooks!" Stanley welcomed Specter in, "Going to pick something up at your tree base?" "Yep, I have a project due and I need a book I left here." Specter walked in, "Is Auntie Mable here?" "Nope, she's out to get groceries." Stanley says. Specter goes to the backyard to the big and stable tree and climbed the planks that were nailed in until he reached the large treehouse at the top.

Specter is humming a song he heard from a singer he saw in a restaurant when he organized a pile of books to find the book he needs until he notices a pigeon entering the treehouse. "...Boo." Specter tries to scare the pigeon but the pigeon has no interest in him and keeps walking, "...How???" As Specter looks at the pigeon then goes back to the pile. Suddenly Specter was panicking.

The book was missing from the pile.