1

-Alex's POV-

"But dad," I groaned, stepping out of the car. New school, new start. Fucking sucks.

"No buts, Alexandra. I am not taking you back home, and you WILL be happy here." My dad snapped, slamming his car door shut. He placed his hand on my back and lead me into the school's main entrance towards the front desk. The receptionist looked at me and huffed, handing my dad some paperwork to sign. He signed them quickly as she passed me my timetable and a map of the school, and with a quick kiss on the cheek from my dad, I was alone. I looked around and gulped, flicking some of my hair behind my shoulder, before taking a deep breath and walking towards the swarm of teenagers that were trudging towards their classrooms.

"Scarlett!" Shouted a voice, and as the crowd parted, I saw a flash of bright red hair being flicked around. A teacher, an old woman, was walking towards a group of kids, where the girl with red hair was stood, a cigarette held loosly between her index and middle finger. She took a drag and blew it into the teachers face, her smirk on her lips.

"Scarlett, you know you're not allowed to smoke on the school grounds." The woman said, looking down at the cigarette and frowning. Scarlett laughed and took another drag, before exhaling it through her nose.

"I know I'm not," she grinned, her voice flitting through my ears like music, "But I do anyway, because I know it pisses you off."

The woman sighed, and shook her head. "Put it out." She said, a defeated tone in her voice. Scarlett smiled, and took one last drag before flicking the cigarette on the floor and stamping on it.

"It's out," she said smugly, before strutting away from the crowd. Her 'gang' followed her, sniggering at what just happened. The woman looked my way and smiled before making her way over to me.

"Sorry about that, I'm Mrs Turner, your form tutor. And I hate to say this, but Scarlett has been assigned to show you around." Mrs Turner looked at the ground, and sighed again. "She's a nightmare, be sure to NOT get involved with her." She raised an eyebrow at me, to which I quickly nodded my agreement. She nodded and directed me to my form room before scurrying off around the corner. I looked down towards my shoes and gulped back my nervousness, before slowly making my way towards the room, keeping my head down and staying near the wall. Which clearly, was a bad idea. Cause guess who I walked into?

"Jesus, bitch, watch where you're going!" Scarlett cried, frowning at me. I looked up at her, brushing the hair out of my face before almost choking on my own breath. She was beautiful. Her bright red hair was pushed across to one side, her black lip piercings contrasting against her pale lips. Heavy makeup framed her eyes, which made her blue eyes pop.

"I... uh..." I stuttered, looking back down towards the floor and blushing lightly.

"What's your name?" She asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and smirking.

"Alex." I said, gulping.

"Well, Alex, I'm Scarlett. Nice to meet you." She winked at me, letting go of my shoulder and walking into our form room. I watched as her friends followed her, and sighed.

Trust me to get a crush on someone on the first day.