Chapter 68: A Legendary Vestige!

"W-who is this...!?  Where did he come from!?"  Izuku thought to himself as he looked closer at the man who was smiling.  "Wait... I know this person! He was in one of the photo's in Sensei's room...! Is this...?"

"Hey, a new Omnitrix! Wow, so small compared to mine! Sleek too!"  The man exclaimed as he approached Izuku's wrist.

"Huh?" Izuku asked before looking at his left wrist, seeing his new Omnitrix. "Woah! My new Omnitrix, when did it arrive!?  So cool...! It's gotten smaller and light! The strap is so much more flexible now! The dial's a bit different too! I wonder what new features Azmuth added in for me, oh man; I wanna test this out right now...!"

"Yeah, getting a new Omnitrix for the first time is always exciting, isn't it?"  Ben replied.

Izuku begins inspecting his new Omnitrix from top to bottom while muttering to himself excitedly, the man watches the boy's excitement as he smiles softly at Izuku.

"O-oh, I'm sorry!  I haven't introduced myself yet!  My name's-"

"Izuku Midoriya.  A 15 year old student from Japan, third wielder of the Omnitrix and Ren's student.  Currently attending U.A. High School striving to be a hero, using the power of the Omnitrix under Ren's teachings."  The man replied as he shook Izuku's hand.  "It's nice to meet you.  I take it I don't need to tell you who I am, do I?"

"O-of course not sir! You're the legendary Ben Tennyson!  THE Ben 10,000!  The symbol of justice, first wielder of the Omnitrix and Sensei's teacher!  I've heard so many stories about you from Sensei!  About all of your adventures together!"  Izuku replied.  "B-but, how did you know about me...?"

"Well, before we got transported to this... place, I saw a glimpse into your memories.  Not a whole bunch, but enough to know your name and situation.  As well as this event you're taking part in."  Ben replied.  "That kid's got quite the nasty quirk. Brainwashing, just thinking about it gives me shivers down my spine.  Trust me kid, being mind controlled is not fun.  Especially when some weird cat girl is controlling you when you're a cat based alien."

"Cat...  Girl...?"  Izuku asked confused by Ben's statement.

"Moving on, know where we are by any chance?"  Ben asked as he looked at their surroundings.

"That's actually a good question...  I'm not too sure either."  Izuku replied as he joined Ben in examining the bright white room.  "Last thing I remember..."

Izuku's eyes widen with shock and horror as he remembered being mind controlled by Hitoshi and his quirk.

"The match!  Oh no, I have to get back to the match!" Izuku exclaimed. "Wait, did I already walk out of bounds!? Is my debut in the festival already over!?"

Izuku drops to his knees and screams while holding his head down, making Ben cover his ears.

"C-calm down kid! You're still in the game, so stop screaming!" Ben yelled out as he covered his ears.

"I-I am...?" Izuku asked as he calmed down.

"Sheesh, that's some pair of lungs you have..." Ben stated as he shook his head.  "For now, you're in the clear.  Call it a strong hunch, but my guess would be that we're in some kind of mindscape..."

"Mindscape...?"  Izuku asked.

"First time huh?  Well, I'll try to explain it as best as I can so you can understand.  Cutting out all the blah blah blah and the snore fest lecture that comes with it, a mindscape is essentially a space that's created whenever someone imagines a person, place, or thing within their imagination.  Like what happened when Zombozo used his quirk on you back then."  Ben explained.  "He made you hallucinate your worst fears by using  your personal mindscape to mess with your head when your psyche was at its weakest."