Prologue

Lately I had been getting the feeling that someone was watching me while i was sleeping. I woke up, again, and ran a cursory glance around my room. Suddenly my gaze snapped back to the top of my desk. A teenage boy sat on top of it observing me with shock and something else that I couldn't quite dertermine. He attempted to move but I was over there and had him pinned to the wall before he could blink.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I growled. His eyes widened in terror and i knew the that my eyes had shifted. "I said.....Who are you and what do you want?"

"My n-n-name is N-n-nico and I-i-i-i'm here to t-t-take you to Camp Half-Blood."

"About time. I was wondering when one of you weirdos was gonna show up at my doorstep."

"What?"

"I know about Camp Half-Blood. I've got a bag packed so just let me get changed and leave a note for my mom and then we can go."

"Uh.....ok."

I ungracefully dropped him on the floor and then walked to my huge walk-in closet. I picked out my favorite outfit: black high top Converse, black distressed jeans, red tank top, leather jacket, and a pair of aviators. I got changed in my closet then walked out with a black and silver plaid backpack and a black duffel bag in my hands.  "Alright, I'm ready to go. Wait.....note."

Dear mom,

They came tonight. Camp Half-Blood did. I love you and I'll miss you.  Tell Kat that I'll miss her and not to slack off on her training. I'll know.

With all my love,

Paige

I turned to Nico with tears brimming in my eyes. I blinked them back and cleared my throat.  "Alright then. Lets get going."

He took my hand and clasped it tightly in his. And then we proceeded to walk into a wall.  Now i knew what he was doing but it still startled me now and then. I had shadow-traveled but never with another person.  It still took my breath away when we popped out the other side.

"You alright?" he turned to me and asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, course I am. That wasn't my first time shadow-traveling."

"It wasn't?" he gave me a look of shock and wonderment.

"No! of course it wasn't. You know who I am."

"No. No I don't."

"You don't?" he shook his head.

"Oh, I thought that was why you were sent to get me."

"What? No,you were just to far away for a satyr to get to. So I got the job instead. So who are you then?"

"I'm a child of Hades; just like you."

"You're my sister?"

"Yup."

"Wait a second. I can't shift my eye color. How'd you do that?"

"Oh that? That's just a natural part of being a vampire."

He backed up a bit at that comment. "Oh don't worry. I dont drink mortal blood. I only drink ichor."

"Oh ok. Wait.......how do you get ichor?"  he asked, puzzeled.

"Dad keeps me well supplied. But now that I'm at camp i can just use the glasses to get it."

"Dad?"

"Hades. He send me three pints a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner."

"Really?"

"Yeah, well he wouldn't show up himself. But he would send a hell-hound or a soul."

"Wow..........He's never taken care of me like that."

"Oh, it's not out of kindness trust me. It's out of fear."

"Fear of what?"

"My grandfather. Older than the gods themselves. The all-powerful Dracula. He's the only thing alive, well, dead, that can kill a god."

"Kill a god? Are you serious?"

"Deadly." I gave him grim look."I can't kill a god but I can wound him pretty badly."

"Dang.........."

"Yeah.....it's alot to take in I understand. But.....while your thinking can we get dinner? I'm starving and that's not a good thing to be when your a vampire."

"Why?" he asked warily.

"Because....human blood will hold of the horrible feeling just long enough for me to get some ichor."

"Oh! Well then...let's get going."

All in all it was a good day. I had a new brother, a new life, and hopefully a new future.  But, sadly, trouble was brewing in another part of the camp.