- Chapter 1 -

Wilbur pov:

I was raised in a strictly religious family, which I slowly grew out of. I never told my parents of course but even if I no longer want to be in a religion not doing regular things seem weird. No longer wanting to be religious makes me feel like I'm a failure to my family but I cannot be in that controlling environment for any longer. My best friend, Charlie, is helping me get away from my family and it's unusual the stuff I've learnt. There was this one teacher, who I thought understood me, but he took advantage of me during my dark times and did something I could never recover from, but it's wasn't the first time this had happened. It was now break and me and Charlie were in the bathroom. I was worrying about what my family would say if I told them I didn't want to be religious like them anymore while Charlie did something facing away from me.

——

"Charlie what if they throw me out I will be considered the family failure!!"

"Wil."

"God will never forgive me for any of this I'll be a sinn-"

"WIL!" Charlie sat on the sinks in front of me. He put a pill like thing in his mouth and sighed. "You need to relax." He smiled sloppily "The creature said god and the universe died along time ago and this is just our imagination." He giggled.

"Well the creature is FUCKING LYING!" Charlie shushed.

"It's angry at you." He chuckled, "I'm just joking" I tutted.

"Yeah I don't think you should have anymore of those pills." I took them away from him as he lazily attempted to get them back. "What even are these?" I looked to Charlie as I leaned back on the sinks.

"Drugs." I was going to complain about him taking them but I was intrigued in them.

"D-Do they help you calm down or something like that?" Charlie nodded.

"You can crush them up and put em up your nose or can just swallow them with water. Their fucking wonderful." I looked at the packet and shook my head. I threw them back at Charlie.

"Take them. I can't have em." Charlie nodded.

"If you ever want some just come to me." He smiled. I checked my time table and realised I had Mr Hilton's class. "Hey what class do you have? I have Mr Minecraft's." Charlie smiled. I never told him what Mr Hilton did to me.

"I have Mr Hilton's.." I let out a shaky sigh.

"He's my favourite teacher, he's calm." I nodded.

"S-Same." I got up and held my bag. "Break is almost over..we should get to class." I walked out of the bathroom to Mr Hilton's class. 'You can do this. You can do this.' I opened the door and saw Mr Hilton sitting at the desk. He noticed me as soon as I came in.

"Ah, William. I haven't seen you in ages." He turned to me but I just went to my seat and read a book. I waited for all the other students to get here and remained silent for all of it. I was picked on easily when it came to school, quiet, teacher's favourite, only has one friend. I'm quite vulnerable. I felt something hit the back of my head as I was writing down something. I picked up a paper ball off of the ground and opened it up. 'Why are you so quiet? - Freddie' I was about to write on it before Mr Hilton got the note from my hands and began to read it. "Freddie," Mr Hilton walked towards Freddie, "What's this?" He placed the note in front of him.

"I-I was just wondering why he was so quiet." I sighed.

"I'm sure William will explain why he is so silent." I gulped.

"But sir you said I'm supposed to stay sile-"

"What I've said doesn't mean anything." He laughed it off and went back to his desk. So what he told me was bullshit? I really am stupid, at this point, I'm so stupid I no longer have trust in myself. Nothing I do is right and I'm honestly just a fucking failure. I continued in class like nothing happened and begged lunchtime would come quicker.