Misunderstood Fight

Xiao has been very 'busy' lately well mostly he spends his time with Lumine, his acquaintance he says

Mean while you? hah! He never really payed attention to you ever since he met Lumine. He always says he was busy doing yaksha things, even though you see him hanging out with Lumine. You saw how he looked at her, he's never looked at you like that before.

Which made you jealous of course.

But you knew you were nothing compared to Lumine.

One day, you finally had enough and decided to end it all.

As you were walking towards the balcony in Wangshu Inn you saw him, staring at the sky as usual.

"..What are you doing here."

Xiao said looking and sounding annoyed.

'His voice, one of the reasons you fell in love with him.. Ugh stop it Y/N! your here to break up with him! not to admire him.' lecturing your self.

'Ehem Y/N get your self together! you can do this. Right?' you thought to yourself.

"I just wanted to talk to you." you said trying hard not to stutter, Xiao noticed that but shrugged it off.

"..." Xiao was silent waiting for you say what you want to say.

"Are you cheating on me with Lumine?"

As the words left from your mouth, you felt the tension between the both of you go intense.

"What! No I am not seeing anyone. Lumine is just merely my acquaintance." Xiao said coldly.

"When I ask you to spend time with me, you always say your busy with yaksha thing, even when you are clearly just hanging out with her! You smile at her, you look at her so gentle, you talk to her much more. Unlike me you always frown! you look at me to coldly, you rarely even talk to me.." You said while your voice cracks, tears are forming from your eyes.

"I was in my karmic debt she was just helping me because of Zhongli's favor. You are a mortal unlike her, she can stand my karma and I avoided you because I didn't want to hurt you." Xiao said with his eyes close

You sighed and you open your mouth.

"Xiao, I've been thinking about this for awhile but we should end this."

"You are right I am just a mortal while your a yaksha, we will never be good for each other." you said coldly.

Xiao couldn't believe what he just heard. His love of his life ending things with him!? gosh why was he so stupid, if only he told her the reason why he was avoiding her much earlier she wouldnt leave!

"W-what. You want to end it?" he said stuttering regretting his whole decision.

You nodded sadly feeling a tear slide from your cheek.

"Hey Xiao I've been wanting to ask this." you said

"What.."

"Do you really love me or do you just pity me?"

Xiao looks away in silence.

You chuckled "I knew it."

"You can stay if you want to. I won't force you out." he suddenly said

Confused you look to the direction he was looking at, and it was raining sighing you agreed to his offer "Fine I'll stay. Only because its raining."

"Well, lets get back inside then."