Chapter 1 birthday

rose/ me will be speaking in this whole chapter*

I'm so happy today is my ninth birthday I also get my wings today i hope i get white ones like mommy's or red ones like daddy's. I said happily as i got out of bed to get ready for the day i hear mom and dad fighting again as i walk to my closet to pick out an outfit for the day. I picked out a red dress with black socks and a pair of boots.I got done getting dressed and headed down stairs when i got to the last step my back started hurting very badly. I fell to the floor as i felt something coming from my back after a few minutes i was able to stand without hurting and when i looked up i saw my parents disappointed faces. I was confused on why the looked disappointed until i looked in the mirror and say that my wings weren't white or red they were black with red highlights. I was scared of what was going to happen to me when daddy grabbed my hand and started dragging me out of the house saying how he knew i would always be worthless and how he wished i was never born. I started crying from the pain but also the shock of what i heard my dad just say. He stopped when we were far away from the pack territory and he pulled his belt out and started hitting me with it i screamed for him to stop many times but he wouldn't i felt something hit my head and passed out.
*the next day*
I woke up because of the pain when i remembered what happened what happened. A tear slipped down my face and stood up slowly and headed what i thought was North. I had been walking for hours it felt like when i heard footsteps approaching me. So i ran forward and bumped into someone or something i looked up and saw a person with armour on. He was very tall and his voice was very deep and gruff when he asked me what a creature like me was doing in the woods alone i didn't answer until he pulled what looked like to be a cookie and offered it to me i gladly took it saying thank you as i took a bite he then offered yo take me somewhere safe where i would have to worry about getting hurt i accepted his offer and he picked me up and started walking the way i had been heading originally. He put his finger on his helmet and said something i could care less about what he said all i know is that i was going somewhere safe.